Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997, we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Job Title: Senior Monitoring and Verification Lead
The anticipated scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Ghana staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent activities by improving: (1) USAID and Implementing Partner’s (IP) capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID’s understanding and tracking of activity and project performance; and (3) Mission and activity ability to collaborate, learn, and adapt (CLA). The anticipated start date is not yet determined.
The MESP activities will encompass the Mission’s Development Objectives:
- Strengthened responsive, democratic governance
- Sustainable and broadly shared economic growth
- Equitable improvements in health status
- Improved reading performance in primary school
SI is seeking a full-time Senior Monitoring and Verification Lead who will be responsible for overall management and functioning of all performance monitoring and related cross-cutting activities. This position will be based in Accra, Ghana. The Senior Monitoring and Verification Lead will serve as a core team member on a full-time basis throughout the five-year period of performance.
**Please note: Only candidates with Ghanaian citizenship will be considered.**
- Oversee program monitoring and reporting across multiple activities and programs. She/he will work with stakeholders including implementers and Mission staff providing oversight of monitoring functions, such as the creation of performance indicators, development of activity and project Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) plans, setting of targets, collection of program data, assessment of data quality, analyses of data, reporting, and measurement of impact.
- Work with Chief of Party (COP), Senior Evaluation Lead, and Senior CLA Lead, ensuring that monitoring information is shared and fully utilized through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes to speed innovation and improve upon and bring new innovations to the Mission’s programmatic work in-country.
- Provide training to various stakeholders on results-based management and creating effective monitoring indicators, plans, processes, and systems to improve performance monitoring.
- Ensure that short- and long-term monitoring team members recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- Master’s degree with at least seven years of related experience in design and implementation of performance monitoring as well as performance and/or impact evaluation, analyses and assessments of large and/or complex development projects.
- Demonstrated experience developing performance indicators, assessing and tracking data quality, data management, and/or training in performance management topics.
- Familiar with standard USAID policies, guidance, processes, and indicators; and capable of developing customized indicators.
- Familiar with publicly available data sources (such as those of multilateral organizations, think tanks, research institutions, Government of Ghana agencies/ministries, etc.) and the indicators they measure.
- Demonstrated experience developing Performance Management and Evaluation Plans (PMEPs), theories of change, logical frameworks, and results frameworks, at an activity level.
- Demonstrated experience training/facilitating workshops with various types of stakeholders on M&E topics; proven ability to distill complex information down to useable and understandable information for stakeholders.
- Computer literate and possess superior oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Program management experience highly desirable.