A reputable IT firm seeks to hire the services of a Software Engineer. As a developer working within the firm, you will be responsible for solving exciting and challenging problems of scale using some of the latest technologies in the areas of social discovery and recommendations, content delivery and mobile service monetization.
- Write server-side code for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly. You should also have a strong understanding of, and practical experience with Java web application development.
- Design and implement scalable applications suitable for access on multiple devices.
- Develop expertise in one or more of the following Specialist domains: Scaling Multi Mio Datastores using NoSQL or Graph Db’s, Artificial Intelligence, Social Recommendations & collaborative filtering, Graph theory.
Required Skills or Experience
- BSc in Computer Science. MSc or PhD or equivalent experience would be an advantage.
- Previous professional experience with specialist domains would be an advantage
- Expert level development in Java, C++ or Python.
- Additional experience writing highly scalable server-side components an advantage.
- Large systems software design and development experience, with extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- A solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Proven ability to deliver complex projects independently and on time, with excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- 0–2 years working experience for Level I, 2-5 years experience for level II
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills