Solidaridad Network, a civil society organization with nine regional offices in four continents specialized in sustainable supply chain development is seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below in its regional office in Accra, Ghana.
- Position: Programme Manager for Sustainable Gold
- Location: Accra Office, Ghana
- Reports to the Managing Director
The project manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of the sustainable gold programme, under supervision of Solidaridad’s office in Accra, and in close collaboration with Solidaridad’s office in The Netherlands.
The manager delivers the programme by providing advice and training to the management of small-scale mining companies on social and environmental issues, and the development of internal control systems.
Furthermore the project manager will compose and coordinate a team of partners for project implementation (e.g. training- and certification officers at the mines, consultants, NGO and research partners). The post will be based in the office in Accra but the employee should expect to travel regularly for coordination and monitoring of the delivery of the programme.
- Leading the development of the sustainable gold program and manage a team of consultants and NGO partners
- Preparation of annual plans and progress reports
- Overseeing the programme activities, budget expenditure of the programme and supervising the implementation of project plans
- Relationship development and management with donor agencies, corporate partners, programme financiers, mining companies, miners and mining communities, governments and knowledge institutes
- Coordinate the collection of information on the miners and the project during the entire project period, for communication purposes to audiences in the Netherlands, in close collaboration with Solidaridad’s office in the Netherlands
- Representing the programme at relevant national and international forums
- Identification and follow-up of fundraising opportunities
- Creating links between mining companies and market opportunities in Africa, Europe and the US in collaboration with Solidaridad office in The Netherlands
- Participating in the overall development of the organization through active participation in the Management Team
- Contribute to the development of the international gold strategy of Solidaridad Network, including participation in the Solidaridad global gold strategy team
What we offer
- A unique and challenging job in an inspiring international setting
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of sustainable development of the gold sector in West Africa
- Competitive remuneration package
Required Skills or Experience
- Thorough understanding of issues related to sustainable development (in particular Fairtrade), gold mining and the gold supply chain
- Master degree in a relevant discipline such as mining engineering/ geology, economics, international affairs, business or public administration
- 5 to 10 years of relevant working experience in the development and management of development projects. Working experience with (training of) small-scale gold miners will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with various stakeholders, e.g. business, NGO’s, donors and governments
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, preferably within a global network organization
- Service oriented team player, strong communicator, enterprising, pragmatic, flexible and sensitive for cultural differences
How To Apply
If you are interested in the position, please send one page motivation letter and a two page resume in English to Hans Perk at[email protected].
The closing date for this vacancy is the 15th of March 2012. Selected candidates will invited for interview scheduled on the 21st of March 2012 in Accra, Ghana.
For more information about Solidaridad, please visit the website at www.solidaridadnetwork.org. Questions about the function can be addressed by email to [email protected]g . Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Offer valid till: 15 Mar, 2012