Solidaridad West Africa (SWA) is a not-for-profit organisation that supports the sustainable development of production systems in West Africa. We play a catalytic role by partnering with private sector companies and other stakeholders to foster the development of socially responsible, ecologically sound and profitable supply chains. Our activities in West Africa are focused on cocoa, gold, oil palm, cotton, soy and other commodities.
As one of the Regional Expertise Centres (REC) within Solidaridad’s international network, we are part of a growing global organization advocating and supporting sustainable and responsible production and trade. SWA focuses on stimulating sustainable supply chains through introduction of innovations in good practices, robust infrastructure, sustainable landscapes management and enabling policy.
The Solidaridad regional office is based in Accra, Ghana and currently has programmes and operations in Sierra Leone, Cameroon, Cote D’Ivoire, Ghana, Liberia and Nigeria.
Job Title: Project Coordinator – SAT4Business
The Project Coordinator- SAT4Business will facilitate the development of Digital Financial Services for smallholder farmers in the Oil Palm and Cocoa. The role will develop financial information products and services for farm service providers, farmers and financial providers via digital interactive market place.
Administrative and Setup of SAT4Buisness
- Lead the registration and shareholding structure for SAT4Business joint-venture
- Coordinate the completion of the SAT4Business joint-venture business plan and financial model
- Setup of the governance and administrative structures for the SAT4Business joint-venture
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a business growth strategy.
- Coordinate the development of risk assessments and response strategy for Sat4Busines joint-venture
- Coordinate the development of the Corporate Social Responsibility strategy for Sat4Buisiness joint-venture
- Develop a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for engaging project consortium partners
- Develop annual action plans based on the business plan
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for consortium/implementing partners
- Coordinate the establishment of a fit-for-purpose PMEL system
- Engage 3rd party implementing partners
- Develop partner engagement contracts with 3rd party implementation partners
- Develop and manage work breakdown structure for the SAT4Business digital products and services
- Develop project deliverables and project implementation plans ensuring adherence to quality standards
- Lead research and development of SAT4Buisiness products and services
- Lead the development of progress update and annual reporting (including financial reports) to project donors
- Manage project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope
Management, Coordination and Reporting
- Coordinate periodic meetings of consortium partners for the programme
- Monitor or track project milestones and deliverables together with PMEL at Solidaridad
- Direct or coordinate activities of project personnel assigned to SAT4Business
- Provide periodic communication to management about the progress of the programme
Required Skills or Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Business, Finance, Project Management or related field
- 5 years minimum experience in a similar role
- Proven experience in access to finance for agribusinesses and smallholder farmers
- Proven experience in leading the development of digital tools and services
- Proven experience working in agriculture and agribusiness financing
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- In-depth understanding of the cocoa and oil palm supply chains will be an added advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to Apply
If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity to make a tangible difference, then kindly send your application with an updated resume to [email protected]
Please indicate the position in the subject.
- A high priority would be given to qualified female applicants
- Please visit our website: www.solidaridadnetwork.org
- Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted