Posted on :
9 Jul, 2021
9 Jul, 2021
SOS Children’s Villages Ghana is part of a global humanitarian and child welfare organisation that provides a stable family environment for children in need.
We have four villages currently in operation Tema, Asiakwa, Kumasi & Tamale. We also provide social services for families at risk through our family strengthening programme (FSP). Applications are invited from suitably qualified and dynamic persons for appointment as: Corporate Fundraising Officer
Job Title: Corporate Fundraising Officer
• The role supports the SOS CV Ghana’s Strategic ambition of positioning its self as a credible and valued organization that meets the needs of OVCs at both national and local level by setting clear operating frameworks; presenting clear and consistent messaging, including protecting and promoting the brand; securing new funding opportunities and ensuring fund development is prioritized in terms of both resources and planning. The role pursues opportunities and builds meaningful and sustainable partnerships with corporations (including corporate foundations) on both national and local level, together with the responsibility of growing the income stream from corporate bodies and institutional donors, ensuring activities and fundraising initiatives are aligned to the organisation’s strategic goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for supporting the implementation of the organizations corporate fundraising strategy and plan
• Support the organisation in driving the development of sustainable corporate fundraising partnerships and building a win-win relationships:
• Create a suite of attractive fundraising products and developing
• bespoke funding proposals to meet the corporate needs and interest of the organisation.
• Support in generating corporate fundraising activities and securing income in alignment with the organisations strategic goals
• Build, promote and support long term partnerships with local donors
• Research and analyse trends in the corporate fundraising world to inform management decision-making
• Ensure the availability of quality communication materials tailored for
• corporate fundraising through impact reporting and specific marketing
• channels focused on the business community
• Develop positive working relations and build effective networks to identify potential partners support in the area of fundraising
• Responsible for supporting the implementation of the organisations fundraising strategy
• Identify Local funding opportunities and grant applications or other forms of local income (such as donations in kind and government subsidies)
• Act as role model and promote the organisations child rights/child safeguarding policies.
• The Corporate fundraising officer reports to the Fund Development Manager
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum qualification of first degree equivalent qualification preferably in Business Development, Marketing, Sales/ Public relations or Communication.
• A 2 Degree will be an added advantage
• Five (5) years minimum relevant experience with at least 3 years experience in fundraising or marketing/sale
• Versatile communication skills that can be effective at all levels.
• Ability to shank some focal lannines is desirable
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suit)
• Should be result-oriented, capable of networking and building relationships with knowledge of varying donor types and ability to deal with a wide range of clients and donors
• Ability to driving income growth and moving the organisation towards self-sufficiency and financial independence.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send their applications, (indicating their reliable phone numbers) and curriculum vitae with photocopies of certificates addressed to:
The HR/Admin Manager
P.O. Box AN 16657
Or email to
Closing Date: 16 July, 2021