Posted on :
9 Jul, 2021
9 Jul, 2021
SOS Children’s Villages Ghana is part of a global humanitarian and child welfare organisation that provides a stable family environment for children in need.
We have four villages currently in operation Tema, Asiakwa, Kumasi & Tamale. We also provide social services for families at risk through our family strengthening programme (FSP). Applications are invited from suitably qualified and dynamic persons for appointment as: Alternative Care Coordinator (Formerly Village Director)
Job Title: Alternative Care Coordinator (Formerly Village Director)
Qualification Required & Experience
The ideal candidate should hold:
• A first degree in Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, or other related fields, with not less than five years’ experience in the field of child care administration, management, supervisory or leadership level in education or teaching, or social work.
• A second degree, a working knowledge in financial management and budgeting as well as Project Management experience will be an added advantage.
• Age-Not less than 35 years Possess proven ability in problem-solving, providing group and individual counselling for children and youth.
• Capable of managing a child care facility according to good standards of child care management and capable of conceiving strategies of integration and harmonization of pedagogical work among different child care facilities. Good understanding of working with women, children, youth & communities.
• The ideal candidate should have strong leadership and organizational skills, human resource management skills combined with a strong interest in the needs and development of children, good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to do social investigations.
• Must be sensitive to gender related issues and modern concepts of child upbringing.
• Be of good physical and mental health and prepared to work long hours.
• Be computer literate. (Basic skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Location: Asiakwa & Kumasi
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send their applications, (indicating their reliable phone numbers) and curriculum vitae with photocopies of certificates addressed to:
The HR/Admin Manager
P.O. Box AN 16657
Or email to
Closing Date: 16 July, 2021