SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGES GHANA is part of a global humanitarian and child welfare organization that provides a stable family environment for children in need and without parental care or at risk of losing parental care with four villages currently in operation in Tema, Asiakwa, Asokore Mampong & Tamale. We also provide social services for families at risk through our Family Strengthening Programme (FSP). As a social development organization, it has a strong reputation for quality child welfare, youth development, and community empowerment. Since its inception in 1974, SOS Children’s Villages Ghana had worked in partnership with a number of donors, (institutional) including; the European Union, the United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF), the British High Commission Canadian High Commission, and the French Embassy.SOS Children’s Villages Ghana is seeking qualified candidates for the position of;
Job Title: INSTITUTIONAL PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT (IPD) ADVISOR
We are searching for a dynamic, innovative, resilient and experienced candidate to join our organization as an Institutional Partnership Development Advisor. The successful candidate will support SOS Children’s Villages Ghana to increase funding from institutional donors. By joining us, you will enjoy a diverse and motivated team and a conducive work environment. The position will be based in Accra, but you will have extensive travel within Ghana and beyond as you work with the different programme locations team to drive the growth of income and portfolio of public grants in the country through grant acquisition and management. You will play a critical role in building the capacity of SOS Children’s Villages Ghana team in grant acquisition, effective grant management as well as strategic donor engagement, positioning and partnerships with key institutional actors. We are the largest global federation of childcare organizations operating in 136 countries and territories worldwide that offers you the opportunity to become a global citizen. While all other competitive benefits packages remain constant, we also offer you one of the challenging tasks that would help you maximize your potential and make a real difference in the lives of vulnerable children, young people and families in Ghana.
Principle Tasks & Responsibilities
- Proactively identify and seek donor intelligence on new institutional funding opportunities that match organizational priorities and donor requirements.
- Support and coordinate the development of high-quality concept notes and funding proposals for submission to institutional donors.
- Proactively engage donor agencies, national networks and other stakeholders in fostering relations for collaborations and funding.
- Provide grant management and administration support for effective and efficient implementation of institutionally funded programmes with a diverse group of donors, partners and staff.
- Facilitate and coordinate institutional funding activities such as cross-national capacity building, and knowledge sharing with external stakeholders.
- Identify, organize and facilitate capacity building in proposal development, project design and management for Country Office staff members through mentorship/coaching, webinars, training and knowledge transfer.
- Explore new opportunities for innovation mainly through research and close monitoring of cutting-edge approaches and dynamics in international development.
- Liaise closely with other internal functions and external stakeholders to guarantee adherence to organizational standards and to seek synergies wherever possible.
- Lead and/or participate in cross-functional processes to enable SOS Children’s Villages Ghana to maximize its long-term net income and number of institutional partnerships
- Represent IPD Team in meetings/projects/workshops as appropriate.
Required Experience And Qualifications
- We are looking for a seasoned professional with a first degree preferably in development/social sciences (Sociology, Development Studies, Economics or related field) with a minimum of 5-8 years relevant work experience in grant writing and acquisition, donor’s contract management and partnership and network building. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Proven results in institutional partnership development in Ghana and beyond, (preferably within an international NGO/Donor organization). Include in your letter of motivation, some of the successful proposals you have developed.
- A good team builder, innovative and creative, demonstrating high professional standards.
- Experience in partnership development, supporting efficiency and relevance of national and regional networks, grant management & proposal development.
- Proven track record of successfully training, and developing/mentoring support staff in a decentralized environment.
- Analytical thinking skills and ability to influence others.
- Experience in developing, managing and monitoring development projects by NGOs, including multi-actor programmes funded by Institutional donors.
- Concrete experience of work and collaboration with national, and international institutional donors.
SOS Children’s Villages Ghana is committed to keeping children safe from all forms of violence and abuse. Therefore, our selection process will include rigorous background checks at different levels.