Posted on :
17 Jan, 2020
17 Jan, 2020
Southey Contracting is searching for a Work Pack Engineer.
Job Title: Work Pack Engineer
• Compliance with company and HSEQ policies and procedures
• Carry out offshore audit and site visit.
• Motivate staff to work safely and promote Southey safety initiatives.
• Participate in the client STOP reporting system.
• Support continuous improvements and act on lessons learned.
• Ensure new chemical required for scope is sent to MODEC for approval in line with the plan.
• Ensure all incidents and anomalies are reported to line management and Southey HSE.
• Execute policies passed down from line manager.
• Plan short-range action-steps to carry out goals set by management.
• Organise work group.
• Assign jobs/specific tasks to the workforce to achieve the targets.
• Identify training needs and report to management
• Have good project control skills
• Stand in for Fabric Maintenance Manager as required
• Develop group cohesiveness
• Collate information from technical disciplines, Access, Insulation, Painting, to develop the work pack/work instruction
• Ensure the offshore team have the relevant work instruction arid procedures to carry out the work as per the plan
• Define the materials, plant, equipment and consumables required to execute the work.
• Ensure daily reports are received from offshore supervisors timeously and in correct format.
• Track all offshore work against fabric maintenance plans.
• Compile progress reports from daily reports into reporting templates.
• Conduct regular work site inspections/ audits to ensure compliance to the MODEC and Southey procedures/specifications.
• Manage the training and competency matrix and identify any gaps.
• Further tasks or requirements as requested or directed by supervisors.
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc or BTech in Mechanical Engineering from a reputable tertiary institution.
• 15 years’ industry experience at similar level.
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Relevant offshore Fabric Maintenance
• Excellent Communication Skills.
• QA/QC qualification.
• Knowledge in Risk and Safety Management
• Ability to manage multiple projects.
How to Apply
Send your detailed CV and proof of qualifications to: [email protected]