Sparkassenstiftung für international Kooperation has a partnership project with the Ghana Association of Microfinance Institutions Network (GHAMFIN) and the Ghana Co-operative Credit Union Association (CUA). The overall goal of the partnership is to “Strengthening Co-operative Credit Unions and other Microfinance Institutions in providing financial services in Ghana”.
Job Title: Project Officer
Purpose of Role
To support the international long-term expert (ILTE) with implementing the program rollout of the Board of Directors (BoD) and the Management Certification (MC) training programs in Ghana and to execute the project’s operational work plan for the remaining period till October 2021.
Scope of Work
The scope of Project Officer tasks includes, among others.
- Contribute to the implementation of the project’s operational work plan as agreed with the partners (GHAMFIN/CUA).
- Closely liaise and work jointly with GHAMFIN’s project coordinator for program rollout and monitor program rollout of the BoD and MC training programs.
- Constantly review the training intervention strategies of the project to ensure informed decisions on required adjustments and modifications that can be made by the stakeholders in charge in a timely manner.
- Help to further customize, update and expand the existing modules for digital use (e.g. webinars on the Moodle-based content management platform of GHAMFIN).
- Develop and cultivate good relationships with all stakeholders.
- Provide guidance to project staff members interacting with industry stakeholders and development partners on in-service training issues (including e-learning) in the financial industry of Ghana.
- Ensure BoD and MC training program aspects are properly considered in all HR capacity building intervention strategies of the project.
- Support Sparkassenstiftung Communications Officer to ensure training/HR capacity building issues are considered in all project-related information and promotion materials.
Where appropriate, closely liaise on the implementation of the training project activities with the other two projects of Sparkassenstiftung Ghana (the Regional Project Ghana and the Returnee/Migration Project Ghana).
Applicants for this position should possess the following qualification, professional experiences and soft skills:
- Tertiary education (minimum B.A.) in economics, finance, social science or related disciplines.
- Profound knowledge and in-depth understanding of Ghana’s financial industry, current trends and challenges the industry is facing, key institutional stakeholders etc.
- Minimum of 3 years of proven work experience in the financial industry of Ghana (banking or microfinance sector).
- Minimum of 3 years of proven experience in adult education, in-service staff training and/or HR management.
- A sound understanding of project management principles.
- Experience in e-learning (use of content management platforms such as Moodle) would be a strong asset.
- Experience in implementing ODA projects in Ghana (nice to have).
- Practical skills in French and/or German language.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Confident user of the MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Competitive salary, statutory tax payments and health insurance.
- Diversified work environment in an international development cooperation.
How To Apply
Kindly send your application letter, CV and Certificates to [email protected]
Deadline for submission is 22.03.2020
For more information see: www.sparkassenstiftung.de