Posted on :
3 Jan, 2017
3 Jan, 2017
Springforth International School was founded in June 2006 by two working American mothers, who recognized the lack of quality, affordable, and international-standard nursery and pre-school services in East Legon, a large, multicultural community in Ghana’s capital, Accra. Since its founding, Springforth has experienced significant growth, moving from a one-building school to an enclosed three-building campus. SFIS now offers the British Curriculum to students aged 6 months to 12 years in our nursery and primary school.
Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager (FAM)
• The Finance & Administration Manager contributes to the overall success of the school by effectively managing all financial tasks for the organization. The FAM is responsible for overseeing the administrative, operations and financial management and accountability requirements of Springforth International School. She/he works as part of the school management team, taking a lead in the areas of operations, human resources, and finance management. The Finance Manager is responsible for ensuring that SFIS functions efficiently in all financial, administrative and operational matters, directly supervising administrative staff and providing oversight to all local procurement issues. Additionally, she/he works collaboratively and effectively with the Principal, assuring compliance with the terms of the SFIS policies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• The FAM performs a wide range of duties including but not limited to the following:
Financial Accounting and Reporting:
• Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
• Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met
• Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the Board’s Audit Committee and the external auditors as necessary
• Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
• Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and petty cash
• Reconcile bank and investment accounts on a monthly basis
• Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting
• Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy
• Oversee the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
• Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation
• Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate
• Liaise with Finance Committee and/or Audit Committee as appropriate
• Assist the Executive Director and the Board with financial reporting as required at Board meeting and the Annual General Meetings
School term Fees and Management of Student Accounts
• Prepares school term bills
• Tracks and monitors payment of term and other school activity fees and updates student accounts and sends payment notices out to parents /guardians
• Uses software to track billing and payments of student fees
Payroll preparation and administration:
• Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner including review of completed timesheet for appropriate payroll expenditure coding
• Negotiate and manage the employee insurance and benefits plans
• Process and submit statutory and benefits remittances on time
Budget preparation/local procurement
• Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and helps prepare the term and annual budget in consultation with the Principal
• Assists Principal and staff with the preparation of budgets for funding applications and annual operational budgets
• Supervises local procurement and checks good received
• Maintain financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates management reports
• Ensure that accurate and timely financial statements are prepared in accordance with contract agreements with funders
• Provide accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual projects
• Oversee and supervise the administrative function of the organization including reception, property/facility management, safety of the work environment, and provision of furnishings and equipment necessary for effective operations
• Oversee the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments
• Monitor all legislation relevant to the organization (employment standards, occupation health and safety, human rights, etc) and all regulations on professional certification to ensure that the organization is compliant
Qualification Required & Experience
• University degree in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management/Administration
• Professional designation
• Chartered Accountant, Certified General Accountant, or Certified Management Accountant designation is a plus
• Minimum 5-7years of progressive accounting and financial management skills.
Proficiency in the use of computer programs for:
• Accounting Software,
• Word processing,
The Candidate Must demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
• Communicate effectively: Speak, listen and write in English in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
• Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
• Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
• Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
• Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
• Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
How To Apply For The Job
Resumes should be sent to:
Closing Date: 02 January, 2017