Springforth Community School is seeking a dynamic, energetic and creative English teacher who can lead and teach to a multi-cultural group of children, in a Christian setting.
Job Title: English Teacher – (Key Stage 2 & 3)
Main Purpose of Job
- To deliver the English national curriculum of the class assigned & teach children on key subjects of Literacy and Social Studies
- Maintain a positive, loving and supportive environment in the classroom that motivates children to learn and to enjoy school.
- Impart Christian values and moral education to children and promote good behavior and discipline in the classroom.
- To impart to children an appreciation and respect for diversity in the world.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, prepare and deliver high quality lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within the class.
- Produce weekly lesson plans and termly curriculum schedules.
- Identify, develop, and use educational materials and resources in creative ways that accelerate learning.
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, and support colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area.
- Prepare homework for the children and mark/grade their work.
- Monitor and record children’s progress and educational attainment.
- Prepare mid-term and end of year progress reports.
- Maintain regular communication and effective partnership with parents.
- Support and contribute to the School’s extra-curricular activities and study support provision
- Work together with colleagues to achieve learning objectives of the school.
- Adhere to child protection and confidentiality policies.
- Keep up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum.
Required Skills or Experience
- Experience in teaching British National Curriculum
- At least 3 years primary school teaching experience
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Education and/ or Teacher’s Certificate or Diploma
- Excellent written and spoken English language
- Strong ICT Skills
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their applications to [email protected]