Develop and implement cost effective fraud management process, deploying best practice to protect business reputation, revenues and operations. Supervise LEA requests made to the business in accordance with the policy standards and legislative guidelines
Job Title: Fraud Prevention and Monitoring Manager
Core Fraud Monitoring and Prevention
- Provide supervision in the area of detecting and prevention GSM Gateway Fraud.
- Take responsibility for the adequate monitoring of all types of fraud on the Vodafone Ghana IN Platform and other interfaces e.g ( simbox, roaming fraud, high usage, PABX, sim reg, hot list, Mobile IN Top, IRSF / Test sims, Vodafone Cash platforms)
- Lay on adequate and resilient systems for effective fraud monitoring and prevention.
Fraud Risk Management and Awareness
- Coordinate fraud risk reviews of all new products and services and ensure sufficient engagement on project control board to manage such risks.
- Liaise with key technology teams to proactively prevent network related fraud.
- Support the management of LEA requests made to the business in accordance with policy standards and legislative guidelines
- Share new learnings and implement new trends in fraud management.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to monitor, assess and report on fraud trends and discoveries.
- Drive awareness and transformation on security and compliance initiatives across Vodafone Ghana.
- Lead in developing and embedding a security conscious culture in the business
- Deliver on Group corporate security strategy on awareness and transformation on security compliance.
Governance and Reporting
- Preparation of fraud-related reports,
- Analysis of internal and external trends and incidents.
- Monitoring of projects and providing assurance on the effectiveness of the implemented security controls.
- Responsible for achieving security compliance
People Management & Leadership
- Provide leadership and direction for the Fraud Team and ensure effective people management. Be a valuable member of the Corporate Security Leadership Team and contribute to strategic security projects and discussions.
- Be a trusted and engaged manager within the business by fostering effective relationships with key stakeholders and other contacts internally and externally.
- Develop a minimum of two successors to the role
Key performance indicators:
- Develop processes to minimise revenue loss through fraud on the company’s network and report on primary investigation of fraudulent activity.
- Ensure compliance with contractual requirements on fraud controls with foreign operators.
- Liaise with Group Corporate Security and industry on fraud issues, security awareness and compliance.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- High level specialist in their field with a mix of consultative and security audit experience
- Proven ability to work effectively with staff at all levels and disciplines, securing their involvement, confidence and co-operation in executing assignments.
- International or multi-national experience, preferably in telephony or some aspect of the Credit Service sector
- Management experience of the product review process and a thorough understanding of current telecoms technologies
- Excellent understanding of Fraud (detection, monitoring and analysis)
- Strong analytical and written ability, results-orientated with a process improvement and commercial focus