Posted on :
5 Feb, 2018
5 Feb, 2018
To hunt for and secure new high value commercial business opportunities by performing a proactive, mobile, value adding financial partnership role in the commercial market (SME and Commercial segments).
To market a comprehensive range of customised business financial solutions, tailored to meet customer needs in terms of business growth and potential.
Job Title: Relationship Manager, New Business
Profitable Growth in New Business Sales
• Proactively prospecting for and selling structured financial solutions to new to bank business customers in the Commercial and SME segments.
• Promoting, providing advice on, selling and structuring a wide and diverse range of financial solutions customised to best meet the financial needs of high value commercial customers.
• Developing and implementing a calling schedule for business leads to establish financial needs and to assist potential new business clients to better understand their financial options
• Sourcing, developing, prospecting on and closing of sales leads from other divisions within the bank e.g. International Business Centre, Corporate Banking, Home Loans, Branches, SME Managers etc.
• Mining and analysing customer data to identify and plan new business banking opportunities.
Customer Service Quality and Efficiency
• Providing a central advisory / information / query handling service point for new business customers before handover of the relationship.
• Performing a proactive liaison role between customers and back office service fulfilment and credit functions to get new business onto the books.
• Accurately and efficiently processing customer mandates / documentation requirements for new business facilities.
Lending Support and Risk Management
• Explaining and structuring / customising credit loan facility options, parameters and qualifying criteria.
• Supporting customers in the completion of credit application information requirements e.g. balance sheets, financial statements and management accounts
• Motivating and processing non-scored credit applications, including BAC.
• Notifying customers regarding the approval/ decline of credit loan facilities, which also entails, keeping the client au- fait or informed during the credit process.
• Exploring alternative solutions in the event of declines from Credit.
• Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice
• Complete disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation, service fees, and commission
• Ensure proper record keeping
• Integrity and honesty.
• Provide coaching to the Relationship Manager Assistant to ensure that work standards and quality work output targets are set, achieved and maintained.
• Assist in managing the performance contribution of support employees.
• Identifying strengths and development areas and ensuring that support employees receive the requisite learning and skills development interventions.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Relevant business related tertiary qualification is a pre-requisite
Post-graduate studies e.g. MBA is an advantage
3 – 5 years banking experience, with exposure to sales.
Proven successful sales track record in the financial services industry.
Experience in management of teams or sales teams
Comprehensive credit/risk management experience
• A sound understanding of cash – flow cycles pertaining to the industry being analysed.
• A good knowledge of financial spreadsheet applications (e.g. Excel) to capture and analyse financial data.
• Good knowledge of general banking practices and procedures.
• A good knowledge of the principles and practices of business economics and the current business economic environment.
• A good current knowledge and understanding of different industry sectors and sector risk profiles/ trends; this includes an understanding of the impact of climactic conditions on agriculture (if operating in an agricultural market).
• A thorough knowledge of multi-level products available to business banking customers.
• A good knowledge of financial investment options, vehicle and asset finance and electronic banking options for lead generation purposes.
• Good knowledge of Personal Banking product offerings.
• A good knowledge of competitor offerings and structures.
• A sound knowledge and understanding of Credit principles and practices, including an understanding of credit application, securities and balance sheet requirements.
• A working knowledge of the terms and conditions of multiple legal entities (companies, close corporations, sole proprietorships etc.) in the commercial market and the legislative restrictions & requirements governing these from a financial services perspective.
• Sound understanding of current taxation laws as they apply to the portfolio of customers.
• A sound working knowledge of Managing Local Market (MLM) sales principles and practices to manage and optimise portfolio retention and growth.
• Good working knowledge of technical portfolio management systems e.g. E3 to access, load and adjust information.
• Knowledge of how to use the Group Reference Guide to access/ look up relevant information.
•Strong numerical skills and financial acumen to analyse evaluate and identify trends in complex consolidated financial statements, balance sheets and ratios.