Posted on :
13 Apr, 2018
13 Apr, 2018
To support the Relationship Manager with the day to day running and maintenance of a commercial portfolio.
Job Title: Relationship Manager Assistant
• Providing a central office-bound contact point for the customer
• Responsible for the actual preparation of credit applications and supporting loan documentation
• Monitoring all loan facilities in the portfolio (on a joint responsibility basis with Credit Division) on a daily basis against set parameters/ conditions
• Adding value to clients through the identification of cross-selling opportunities and Sales fulfilment support
Customer service quality and efficiency
• Provide a 2nd face office-bound point, for a portfolio of Business relationships/clients.
• Perform a liaison role between the Customer, and all other internal support divisions of the Bank.
• Educate clients regarding the parameters and routine procedures governing complex but standard commercial product, solution and service offerings.
Credit origination and portfolio management (Lending support and risk management)
• Interpret business and financial information e.g. consolidated balance sheets, complex financial statements and management accounts with inter-company loans and borrowings and/or off shore holdings etc, to prepare and motivate non-scored credit applications in line with Credit requirements.
• Completes annual credit reviews for the portfolio.
• Completes all requests of a Credit or Collateral nature on behalf of the client, in consultation with the RM.(Authority or Confirmation Sought)
• Interacting with clients to obtain and analyze financial material, i.e. Debtors lists, Management accounts, cash flow budgets, in terms of agreed covenants (Portfolio management)
• Monitoring of daily excesses and authority sought requests to ensure that client facilities are managed within the parameters set by Credit. May exercise discretion (with management approval) regarding account conduct based on a close knowledge and understanding of client activities.
• Management of limits i.e. ensuring that limits are timely renewed,(Portfolio Management)
• Accurately and efficiently collating and checking securities documentation and mandates for banking facilities.
• Control of facility letters.
Sales (in consultation with the RM)
• Mining i.e. investigating and understanding customer’s portfolio data to identify opportunities for additional facilities.
• Explain, promote and cross- sell additional value adding solutions to existing customers
• Identify sales leads, in consultation with the RM.
Compliance with regulations/legislation
• In terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act (FAIS) – provide complete disclosure to customers in terms of accreditation and pricing.
• Required to obtain/acquire documentation for record keeping purposes as outlined by FAIS
• Compliance with general banking and credit policies and procedures.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of all Commercial segments and Group Company product/ service offerings.
• Strategic planning models, principles and practices, including market segmentation models/ theory.
• A conceptual understanding of business economics and the current business economic environment.
• An solid understanding of different industry sectors and sector risk profiles/ trends
• Advanced knowledge of Managing Local Market (MLM) Sales principles and practices to optimise retention and growth within the Centre.
• Strong negotiation and conflict management skills to create a cooperative and collaborative working environment.
• Financial Acumen: Financial Modelling capability, activity based costing, financial analysis (evaluating and identifying trends) and complex cash flow cycles (industry/ sector specific).
• Advanced and practical knowledge and understanding of Credit principles and practices.
• A seasoned knowledge of the terms and conditions of multiple legal entities/ company structures operating in the commercial market and the legislative restrictions and requirements governing these.
• Sound understanding of current taxation laws.
• Good knowledge of technical portfolio management systems e.g. E3 to access, load and adjust information.
• A good knowledge of Business Banking transactional administration processes and procedures.