Operations: a range of essential and complex services to ensure processes across the bank work as effectively and efficiently as possible
Job Title: Manager, Enablement
- Manage the development and deployment of in-house applications and/or enhancements to existing application throughout Operations.
- Ensure that Operations projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfil end-user requirements and identify and resolve system issues.
- Review and analyse existing process effectiveness and efficiency to develop strategies for improving same.
- Cultivate, disseminate and enforce functional policies, procedures and best practices.
Efficiency & Effectiveness
- Develop and deliver solutions according to the approved works programme with adherence to time, cost, regulatory and quality parameters.
- Assist the Change & Enablement Manager in building a culture of high performance, pro-activity, business co-operation, continuous improvement and service delivery.
- Train and develop Team Leader capability across Operations to improve skills and performance.
- Improve Productivity per Head through automation of Customer Impacting Processes.
- Deliver projects according to stakeholder specified success and acceptance criteria.
- Ensure project deliverables are achieved within the agreed timelines as detailed in the plan within the agreed tolerances.
- Ensure that Benefits Realization is actively managed throughout the life of the projects and post-project until the Benefits review has been completed.
- Adhere to Risk & Control Frameworks and Regulatory Requirements within the Change & Enablement Unit.
- Access information quickly and effectively to identify and resolve matters/queries.
- Take personal ownership of matters (queries, complaints and/or suggestions) ensuring that matters are logged, prioritised, analysed and resolved through the appropriate channels in an efficient and effective manner.
- Manages conflict by defusing the situation through empathy, tact and understanding.
Champion and maintain the professional image of Operations at all times by establishing trust, maintaining customer loyalty, and generating positive sentiment for the business.
Develop and implement tactical change initiatives to reduce costs and ensure that expense is always below budget for Operations.
Work with the Change & Enablement Manager, to determine, track and manage budgets across all units within Operations.
- Guide and direct the process of addressing business challenges through clear articulation of business problems and opportunities, designing practical business solutions and implementing solutions in a disciplined and structured manner.
- Establish Productivity Capability across key Business Unit Portfolios within Operations.Service
- Ensure that Service is improved throughout Operations by researching and implementing customer impacting change initiatives.
- Implement Quarterly Ops Service Surveys within Operations and across PBB & CIB to measure Internal Customer Satisfaction Ratings
Key Performance Measure
- Deviation in Productivity across Business Unit Portfolios.
- Deviation in Benefits Realisation.
- Deviation in number and planned Time Schedule for Projects/Change Initiatives.
- Deviation in Change Initiatives implemented across Customer Impacting Processes that have improved Efficiency & Productivity.
- Deviation in actual Expense to Budget.
- Deviation in Quarterly Ops Service Surveys implemented within Operations and across PBB & CIB.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Prince 2 Foundation/ Practitioner Accreditation by the APM Group.
A good degree in Information Technology or other Engineering/Business Related tertiary education
Understanding of the financial services environment.
3 – 5 years extensive experience in complex computer systems specification and development, including Programming Languages.
Proven track record in handling stressful situations in customer-centred environment governed by tight deadlines, high standards and significant work pressure.
Good understanding of processes across Ops Production to keep abreast with the wide and diverse number of communication and business initiatives
Must have technical competencies in the following:
Microsoft Office, Access, Visio, Projects.
Knowledge and experience with:
Oracle Database and SQL
Windows 2000/2003 Server Platforms
Data Administration and Management (SQL)
Programming in Visual Basic, C#, ASP.Net, Java, SQL