Facilitate strategy formulation and execution for the Personal Markets segments that include the following:
- Private Banking
- Executive, Achiever and Diaspora Banking
Job Title: Head Personal Markets
- Providing Leadership and direction to achieve targeted growth and is accountable for the overall business performance for personal markets in country.
- Responsible for developing, alignment, and communicating the personal markets segment value propositions and overseeing implementation of the same through the Channels i.e. branch management, private Banking and executive banking.
- Full accountability and overall custodianship of the Personal Markets strategy in country and is accountable for the overall performance of Personal Markets Banking (Financial, Sales, Service, Credit, Risk and Compliance)
- Overall accountability for Workplace Banking proposition and performance in country.
Strategy Planning and Execution
- Assume ownership on Personal Market and products strategic initiatives that will be aligned to PBB Africa strategy on segment value propositions of all customer segments and developing a seamless migration of customers from lower end segments to high end segments to ensure client retention and business growth.
- Assume ownership on Personal banking initiatives that will focus on increasing effectiveness in the product mix of personal markets and business Banking segments.
- Goal setting and calibration for personal markets aligned to overall PBB Strategy
- Performance monitoring and appraisal for personal markets teams
- Recognition of members of staff for exceptional performance
- Talent management of high potential employees
- Accreditation and relevant training and development of team members
- Coaching and setting direction and context for the team in line with PBB Strategy
New business introduction and commercialization
- Develop new product business cases and take ownership of new developing service standards for the chosen segments focusing on:
- Increased competitiveness to increase penetration into the chosen segments;
- New revenue generation; and
Country Leadership and transformation
- Establish a management and communications structure to facilitate attainment of key business objectives for personal markets in line with overall Bank strategy.
- Develop a clear strategic positioning to execute all personal markets key deliverables through Channels, CIB , Business Banking whilst influencing support from , Credit , Operations, Legal and Compliance, ALCO, and other key stakeholders.
In Industry forum representation
- Assume leadership of industry forum initiatives related to Personal markets
- Ensure that all compliance and regulatory issues raised at industry forums are integrated into the planning and addressed
- Budgeting – Accountable for personal markets budgets for each segment as well as Product, Bancassurance and Workplace Banking.
- Budgeting – Departmental financial targets are monitored and managed monthly, with reporting where variances exceeding set targets.
- Develop action plans for corrective action in all incidents of variance.
- Influence Marketing Budget for departmental marketing spend and sponsorships as it relates to personal markets and products.
- Overall accountability for PBB pricing strategy and implementation of new pricing on a regular basis to ensure country Revenue targets are attained.
- Develop and Lead the credit risk appetite review process for personal markets(all segments in Persona Markets including private Banking)
- Ensure that Personal Markets gives adequate input into some key processes of the Bank e.g. Operational risk self assessments and review
- Lead the budgeting process including sales budgeting which will be implemented through branch channels and other non sales channels
- Ensure that all people management, operational risk management, and customer service management processes are adhered to.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A business degree
- A post graduate business or masters degree qualification
- A 3 year commercial qualification or a technical qualification
- At least 8 years experience in the Banking industry.
- 3 of which must have been in a senior management role.
- Experience in management personal banking segment is key.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the features, benefits and value propositions of the respective value propositions and Group Company product/ service offerings.
- A thorough conceptual knowledge and understanding of the principles and practices of business economics and the current business economic environment.
- Strong negotiation and conflict management skills to create a cooperative and collaborative working environment where conflict is defused and managed.
- Financial Acumen: Financial Modelling capability, activity based costing, financial analysis (evaluating and identifying trends), complex cash flow cycles (industry/ sector specific)
- Good knowledge of general Banking practices and procedures.
- A thorough working knowledge of multi-level products available and pricing structures.
- Knowledge of competitor product offerings/ channels/ operational and marketing tactics.
- A good knowledge of administration processes and procedures pertaining to Business Banking transactions
- Consulting skills
- People Management
- Retail Banking knowledge
- Strong Business acumen