We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Job Title: Manager, Accounts Payable
The Role Responsibilities
Processing, Checking, Pay cycle and Funding:
- Overseeing and providing management support for indexing and processing as well as checking of payment requests.
- Supervise repairs and rejects despatched to countries within the assigned time.
- Accuracy level of 100% for errors. Operational losses to be nil.
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction and Complaints to be at the bare minimum level.
- Ensure that the batches are checked properly, maker-checker is documented and the errors are corrected. All checked batches are initialled to ensure that the entire Pass I errors detected are rectified before the paycycle run.
- Coordinate staff account setups/amendments instructions from countries and ensure requests are carried out timely
- Ensuring that funding entry is accurately processed on a daily basis. The online suspense account is zeroised on a daily basis.
Cross Border Recharges (CBR Receivable & Payable):
- Coordinate deals/FX booking requests for the timely processing and settlement of CBRs.
- Ensure countries are provided with CBR records for month end accounting entries (Payment/ Receipt/ Accruals) and reporting.
- Be a key contact for CBR inquiries and offer answers to countries on SODA/Billing matters.
- Coordinate the processing of fixed asset transactions (capitalisation, disposal, reinstatement, transfers etc) as instructed.
- Ensure that the FA register/schedule are properly prepared and sent to CFD monthly & FA suspense differences are cleared at unit level after depreciation run.
Controls and Reconciliations:
- Be an expert of the Financial Control Policy and all other policies applicable to Accounting Operations
- Coordinate daily and monthly reconciliations of Trade Creditors, Receivables, Online Suspense, S2B, Intersystem’s accounts to ensure integrity of the balances in the TP systems.
- Supervise daily/monthly tracker for documents indexed, documents moved to rework, PO exceptions, payment terms due date etc.
- Ensure rejected items and duplicates are reported promptly in KRI.
- Duplicate, Rejection, Non e-Procurement processed, PO Overridden, Outside T&E Processed, Pending Credit Notes, SLA Misses, Pending Payments, PAS II Errors, Customer Complaint and DOA breach should be highlight to the Head, AO during month end promptly
- Ensure CFOs/FCs are update regularly on AO activities
- Managing assigned tasks professionally and efficiently.
- Ensuring compliance of regulations, policies and requirements of the scope countries.
- Contributing to the effectiveness of the team by utilising interpersonal skills to work with members effectively and to communicate across teams in the GFS in order to ensure smooth operations for the Centre.
- Process and Decision making as per the Departmental Operating Instructions manual and within the timeliness and accuracy standards specified.
- Ensuring that an effective system of financial and operational controls is in place and is working as intended.
- Upholding the Values of the Group and Company at all times
- Understand and comply with applicable local laws and regulations. Specifically, understand and comply with the Anti Money Laundering Act 2008 (Act 749) and all its amendments, the Anti Money-Laundering Regulations of 2011 and the Bank of Ghana/FIC Anti Money-Laundering Guidelines as well as the Anti Terrorist Financing Act and its amendments, sanctions laws, regulations, rules and standard business practices.
- Escalate any potential risk and compliance concerns/issues, including but not limited to, issues raised in the recent supervisory orders you may be part of or witness to, and review as needed with the right people in a cooperative and transparent manner.
- Behave in a way that reinforces the trust of customers, clients, employees, regulators, shareholders and communities, and uphold Group Standards, to ensure regulatory requirements are achieved.
- Any other job assigned by Head, Accounting Operations/HGFSW.
Our Ideal Candidate
- University degree with at least 4 years experience in a medium size organisation.
- Knowledge of Excel and general high level of computer literacy
- Understanding of business computing environment
- Good communications and interpersonal skills