Posted on :
17 May, 2018
17 May, 2018
Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is a market – leading financial services brand in Ghana, listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange.
It has operated for 121 years in the country and is the oldest bank in the country.
The Bank’s focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers have driven its consistent growth in recent years.
With a current network of 25 branches and 68 ATMs across the country, Standard Chartered offers exciting product propositions for clients as well as career opportunities for more than 1000 staff in Ghana.
Job Title: Senior Audit Manager
1) To provide business stakeholders and committees with:
a) GIA’s view on significant risks within the business(es) and an assessment as to whether these risks are being adequately managed and escalated if appropriate;
2) To assist the Head of Audit in:
a) Preparing Country Audit Needs/ Risk Assessments and detailed audit plans;
b) An assessment on the appropriateness of the audit plans
c) An anticipatory approach to risk assessment to GIA by highlighting issues through good stakeholder communication in order to improve audit planning;
3) To carry out reviews that:
a) Provides independent assurance to relevant stakeholders on the state of the Country control environment (local audits and CR reviews) and control discipline (CST reviews);
b) Assists in carrying out Audits and reviews in other countries as required by the Country/ Cluster/ Regional Head of Audit from time to time.
• Ensure early identification and escalation of risks, issues, trends and developments to relevant stakeholders. Be prepared to raise issues/concerns outside the normal audit process;
• Adopt an anticipatory approach to risk assessment through stakeholder communication and monitoring of external environment to improve audit planning;
• Delivery of the agreed audit plan for the country / cluster as assigned; understanding the key audit issues arising and escalating any significant audit findings that remain unresolved;
• Attend Business Operational Risk Forums on a regular basis and share key themes with the Country Head of Audit;
• Review country MIS regularly; Avoid surprises.
• Update country Risk Assessment on a six monthly basis
• Help to develop an annual audit plan; Ensure plan is developed to meet the Group & Audit Committee’s expectations.
Audit activity – Country Audit, Control Review, Specific Reviews & Continuous Monitoring
• Carry out the department’s audits, to ensure departmental mandate and business goals are met and that professional standards are maintained at all times.
• Execute audit and review assignments to provide independent, objective assurance to the Audit Committee.
• Ensure GIA methodology is adhered to
• Ensure Country Audit activity is sufficient to meet the requirements/expectations of local Regulators
Issue Resolution and follow up
• Ensure issues raised are appropriately resolved in a timely manner
• Ensure appropriate follow up of issues and escalations where appropriate.
Reporting, Communication & Engagement
• Ensure final reports are delivered for review by Country Head of Audit with all recommendations agreed and accepted by the audited individual/group.
• Delivery of country MIS in respect of the activity undertaken to Country Head of Audit;
• Conduct / attend regular stakeholder meetings
Improving the Practice of Audits/Championing Risk Management
• Build relationships with leaders across the country to understand issues and identify areas for improvement for the organisation as a whole.
• Share best practice to improve the control environment; make recommendations to Country Head of Audit
PERSON SPECIFICATION/ KEY ATTRIBUTES
• Institute of Internal Auditors or equivalent finance qualification (ACCA, CPA, etc.) with Internal Audit experience preferred.
• Some (5+ years) experience in Internal Audit roles, preferably in a bank or related area will be an advantage.
• Team player able to work effectively with diverse client groups
• Good communicator with an ability to gain the respect from peers, management and business stakeholders;
• Is confident and courageous to raise concerns and issues with Business and Functional stakeholders.
• Is self directed and able to work with minimum supervision; escalating issues appropriately and in a timely manner;
• Some analytical and evaluation ability