Posted on :
27 Jun, 2018
27 Jun, 2018
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Job Title: Manager, HR Service Delivery
The Role Responsibilities
• Understand business specific product needs and design/implement Service Delivery solutions for the business, consistent with Group policies, leveraging the expertise and tools from Service Delivery product Specialist teams.
• Lead Service Delivery integration activities in country and, where appropriate, support due diligence and other integration activities.
• Contribute to the policy and strategic management of HR Service Delivery Group-wide.
• Work with HR Service Delivery and the HR leadership team of the country to deliver the HR collective agenda and the Strategic People Agenda for the country.
• To undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls
• Liaise with healthcare management scheme operator and ensure proper administration of the scheme
• Develop and recommend business-focused policies, practices and procedures that reflects business needs and best HR practice; to ensure effective implementation of these policies in partnership with the business
• Timely generation and submission of all reports requested
• Manage the performance review process to ensure achievement of desired outcome
• Continually review and revise relevant HR processes to ensure they are in line with best practice and group standards
• Participate in the formulation of the HR strategy for the country
• Contribute to the initiatives of the country HR team
• Collaborate with relevant HR stakeholders on all people related matters across the function (e.g. Talent Management and Mobility) to help driving consistency of functional strategies, processes and messages at regional and country level.
• Contribute to the delivery of the business agenda in the country by appropriate alignment with the business as agreed in the country business plan to maximise and protect franchise value and resolve issues
• Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of processes (e.g. salary/bonus review, talent management processes, recruitment processes) as they relate to the HR function
• Ensure effective management of operational risks within the role remit and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulation
• Support managers to manage the performance management process as per Group guidelines.
People and Talent
• Lead and act as a role model of the Group’s values and culture in the country
• Provide support to the country in developing and embedding in the country a high performance culture.
• Review and challenge the P3 distribution of the country to ensure appropriate performance and value rating differentiation to ensure appropriate differentiation across country and within functions.
• Ensure fair accountability principles are understood and appropriately implemented in country and HR is provided with fair accountability reviews.
• Develop and implement initiatives in conjunction with Group and in consideration of country status to help SCB Ghana become the ‘Employer of Choice’ and strengthen our employer brand.
• Maintain networks of external contacts that enables the benchmarking of compensation practices against relevant comparator organisations and migrate best practice where appropriate.
• Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks. Also having the awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them.
• The ability to interpret the Group’s financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures.
• To report unit’s Operational Risk issues and losses.
• To identify and report all exceptions on non compliance with standard controls.
• To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls.
• Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
• Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
• Ensure compliance with the highest standard of regulatory conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements that are applicable to HR. This includes compliance with local banking laws, other applicable laws and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
• Ensure that the applicable regulatory limits are managed effectively to support the execution of country strategy and business plans
• Identify regulatory developments likely to affect HR and take proactive steps to manage the impact.
• Ensure appropriate conduct of business and that clients are treated fairly through effective policies and controls, robust staff training, appropriate sales activity and transparent communication.
Regulatory & Business conduct
• Understand and ensure compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines including those governing securities activities, company law, anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group’s policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
• Embed the Group’s Values and Group Code of Conduct to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics. Comply with relevant policies, processes and regulations, as part of the culture.
• Protect and enhance the Group’s reputation and image in the country
• Develop relationships with key stakeholders in country, e.g. regulators, relevant industry bodies.
• Establish and maintain a robust relationship with local regulators, industry bodies and relevant government
Our Ideal Candidate
• Should have at least 4 years of experience in Banking and/or Human Resources.
• Good knowledge of the bank’s HR policies and relevant legislations
• Desirable – Degree in HR, Law or Management science
• Understanding and practical experience of managing high complexity employee relations/change management activities e.g. restructuring, workplace practices, managing redundancies
• Knowledge of the latest HR trends, best practices and how to successfully apply them
• Desirable – Professional certifications in HR