We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Job Title: Clearing Officers
The Role Responsibilities
- Perform validation and approve payment of inward cheques per the approved delegated authority and group, country procedures and policies and regulatory controls.
- Perform Call-backs where required for inward cheques based on client mandate within the approved country call back threshold and within delegated authority and in line with Group Policy and procedure.
- Handle RM and Credit approvers referrals, exceptional customer enquiries and complaints in accordance with service standards.
- Engage stakeholders in the resolution of client’s complaints.
- Support in business efficiency improvements to ensure efficient workflows systems automation to achieve targets on Client experience.
- Support in implementing changes when approved.
- Any other assigned roles by line manager or his delegate when the need arises. Apply maker/checker principle to avoid breaches.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 1stDegree in banking & Finance, Science or any related degree.
- 3 years banking experience
- Computer literate
- Able to adapt and accept change
- Thorough knowledge of mandates and related processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge in end to end process of cheque clearing, risk management and emotional intelligence is key.