Posted on :
6 Sep, 2017
6 Sep, 2017
A seasoned finance professional responsible for financial reporting functions and controls in the Close to Report – Financial Reporting team in Global Finance Services – Africa. Engaging finance stakeholders across the region to enhance process efficiencies and effectiveness through e2e Business Process re-engineering and off shoring.
Job Title: Manager, Financial Reporting
The role is responsible for delivery of IFRS Reporting packs to the Group by maintaining highest standards of quality, reliability, accuracy within the agreed timelines. The position will oversee technical accounting research related to new and proposed accounting standards. He/She also supports and assists with the implementation, maintenance and review of internal controls and corporate policies and procedures.
The candidate is also expected to proactively drive improvement initiatives to continuously enhance the global process, whilst maintaining the highest levels of governance and controls
Close To Report (CTR) team primarily covers Group Statutory Reporting (IFRS reporting), Balance Sheet Reporting (Assets and Liabilities Committee also know as ALCO) and specific daily financial reports production for countries. The team is focused on streamlining its processes with an objective to achieve a faster close.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
· Maintain financial reporting integrity and review all data included in the financial reports for accuracy and completeness
· Perform trial balance and general ledger reviews to confirm appropriate accounting and statement in books based on the above lists
· Engage with Country Finance team for data reviews and confirmation on posting journals for appropriate rectification and adjustments to ledger data
· Engage with IFRS reporting team to ensure that reporting actions based on past-quarters’ group queries have been completed and do not recur
· Perform quarterly analysis of movements in balances, variance and identify business reasons
· Working closely with stakeholders across Country finance, Business finance and Group Finance teams and manage expectations
· Perform business review of IFRS schedules – profit and loss, balance sheet and off-balance sheet – to confirm expected results are reported in the schedules
· Complying with all governance requirements – Process metrics review, Service review calls, BCP.
· Coordinate with internal and external auditors to provide timely information and support when required
· Actively participate in solution design and delivery for new developments such as IFRS 9 implementation
· Implement an effective governance process to sustain process standardization and automation
· Identify unique needs of country and group teams; build a robust service delivery model that does not disrupt the process organization
· Engage and collaborate with Country and Group teams for process, knowledge and change management
· Contribute effectively as GFS Africa initiatives as necessary
· Proactively communicate with the FORM through the line manager on operational risk management issues as they arise. Escalate significant events to FORM as appropriate
· Coordinate and consolidate operational risk and loss reporting of the unit for the reporting to the FORM. Ensure data accuracy and completeness
· Undertake and/or coordinate periodic business monitoring (self assessment) activities within the business unit and escalate findings or breaches to FORM.
· Assist line manager and FORM in the implementation of OR framework or other relevant OR initiatives
· Ensure that all processes and procedures within the unit are properly documented and continuously updated in DOIs and Process flows
Qualifications and Skills
· Qualified Accountant is a must – CA, CPA or CIMA (UK)
· University degree preferably in Business or Accounting. MBA will be an added advantage
· 5 – 7 years post qualification relevant work experience in a Financial Reporting role preferably in a Financial services industry with specific experience in performing analytical reviews of legal entity/statutory reporting (schedules and data) with business in focus
Skills – Functional
· Advanced knowledge of IFRS reporting standards and practices
· Extensive working experience in different financial and accounting systems
Skills – Behavioural
· Excellent attention to detail
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent network building and strong interpersonal skills to work with people from diverse culture and background
· Demonstrates intellectual curiosity of how people, process and systems can perform better
· Demonstrates integrity and professionalism, with the intent to do the right thing at all times
· Ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks.
· People management exposure in leading and managing small/mid sized teams.
· Excellent project managerial skills and ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects required.
· Facilitate and coordinate multiple deadlines, create cohesive teams, and respond quickly to management requests.
Proven ability to perform under pressure and stress and to adjust plans to meet changing needs and requirements.
The closing date for applications is 14th September, 2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record of your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.