If you’re a bright mind with big ambitions, we’ll actively encourage you to fulfil your potential. Thanks to our rich and varied international footprint, we can offer exciting opportunities working across different countries and cultures.
Job Title: Head, Policies and Processes
- Ensure full compliance and execution of wealth products governance policies and processes to meet internal Group requirements, as well as external requirements such as local regulations.
- Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day products controls, monitoring of products sales compliance, as well as timely identification and resolution of deficiencies in processes and emerging risks.
- Oversee Wealth UORM for total alignment and collaboration with Product Operational Risk management to implement and embed Operation Risk Framework (ORF).
- Ensure satisfactory Audit outcomes
- Products sales process simplification and Project implementation.
- Develop and sustain
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Products Sales Policies and Processes Compliances
- Design and manage end-to-end policies and processes to ensure that relevant policies, procedure and standards are effectively implemented across Wealth Products in country. Establish checks and monitor all Products sales platforms, scripts, licensing, documentation and system support, to comply with policies per Group requirements as well as local regulations..
- Translate strategy, policy, themes, into actionable plans which are realistic within country business and regulatory context. See plans through the execution phase
- Monitor sales processes and performances of third party/ service providers such as insurance companies and fund houses, to fine-tune and re-define service level required by Group standard and local regulations.
- Track the financial performance of the business and monitor business critical issues.
Ensure proper functioning of day to day products controls and monitoring of products sales compliance
- Establish and implement a stable and reliable world class operating sales platform and control environment.
- Leverage Group resources to import and disseminate best practices from other countries so as to sustain effective products and sales control.
Oversee Implementation of Operational Risk Framework
- Guide the UORM to ensure full implementation of ORF across the business unit. Ensure execution of the first line self assessment model, report on and analyze operational risks profile to BORG, and any other equivalent committee in the country. Track and follow through management actions to mitigate identified operational risks exposure.
- Supervise the key control standards (KCS), key control sample testing (KCST) and key risk indicators (KRI) within business unit.
- Ensure full reporting of losses, risk events, policy deviations, KCST & KRI exception, and engage appropriate stakeholders on timely remedial actions; escalate key risk situations that pose significant risk.
- Identify new, thematic and developing risks; provide operational risk advice through ORF and ad hoc reviews (Accountability reviews, Lessons Learnt reviews, Process / Control reviews) at the unit level.
Ensure Satisfactory Audit Outcomes
- Act as the key business interface with Audit in country.
- Ensure full coordination of audit activities and reportings.
- Review Audit’s Management Action Plans with Country Head, Wealth Products and other key stakeholders, ensure full execution and commitment as agreed.
- Self reflect on Audit findings with relevant Product Heads and Customer segment heads in country, and re-assess the control effectiveness as part of the residual risk ratings.
Develop and Sustain a Product Sales Compliance culture
- Review all Products Sales and Services processes review across all products in country regularly and consistently to ensure flawless execution and compliance.
- Develop effective communication and supervise training efforts to promote risk awareness and compliance culture within Wealth Products. Ensure gaps are identified and staff are suitably trained on Products sales policies and compliance.
- Collaborate with support functions, alongside functional heads to ensure a coherent, seamless delivery and strong overall governance.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- A Degree holder with minimum 12 years of Wealth Management experience, in products or sales or processes.
- Charismatic Team leader who shows leadership initiative and assertiveness
- Self-motivated and motivating
- Work well under pressure
- Proficiencies and Knowledge in:
- Wealth Products
- Sales policies and procedures
- Group governance requirements
- L&C Requirements
- Audit requirements
- Local Regulations
- Change management
- Interpersonal and influencing
- Coordination and execution
- Collaboration and team work
- Communication and listening
- Negotiation and engagement
- Project management & Implementation