Posted on :
20 Dec, 2017
20 Dec, 2017
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – here for good.
We are currently looking for Head, Commodity Traders & Agribusiness
Purpose: To plan, organize, direct and control the operations of the CTA portfolio. Maintain and grow the portfolio within our chosen market segments with a view to enhancing profitability safely and soundly in accordance with budget projections. Also to identify opportunities within Ghana for the SCB Global network.
Job Title: Executive Director,Origination (C & I Banking / Corporate Finance / Origination / J3002) – (1700001639)
|Origination and Operational Risk Management||· Identify and implement marketing strategies and business opportunities that will assist in the sales process.
· Conduct joint sales calls with relationship managers to enhance business development opportunities by ensuring customers are sold a value proposition not just a product.
· Senior client calling and briefing on a regular basis for account maintenance and deal negotiation. Also engage senior internal stakeholders for marketing, credit and any other pertinent issues.
· Effectively use CRM for managing a healthy pipeline and also a record of client calls and discussions.
· Oversee CCM to ensure smooth on-boarding of client after thorough completion of documentation and other processes.
· Management of credit quality standards of the loan book by conducting regular credit review, monitoring of risk, early management of potential problems and ensuring timely remedial action in conjunction with the Head of Risk.
· Work jointly and proactively with product partners to increase wallet share for SCB.
· Grant approvals for credit up to and within parameters of authorized discretionary limit.
· Monitor and achieve cost budget on staff and other operating costs.
· Build and lead a sales team that can deliver high standards of professionalism and technical competence.
· Ensure that the support staff in the team are motivated, fully trained, co-operative and are groomed for further career advancement.
· Cross-sell bank’s other products both local and global.
· Together with RMs, prepare/review Account plans for all customers with a view to enhancing business volumes and earnings.
· To ensure no loss of valued corporate relationships due to inefficiency.
· Ensure ORMA is well embedded in the team.
|Client on-boarding & deal execution||· Work closely with RM, CA, product partners, GAM/FAM and analyze a) wallet size b) determine appropriateness of the product and c) work out a comprehensive account plan.
· Support RM to successfully negotiate and close out pricing and other deal dynamics with client
· Oversee the quality & turnaround of credit proposal and ensure faster delivery. Work with CA for resolving Credit queries.
· Oversee the CCM to ensure all documentation and security creation are completed on time to ensure smooth execution of transaction.
· Liaising with Legal/external counsel/CRC in preparation and execution of non standard complex transactions along with product partners.
· Work with CDD team to ensure proper completion of eCDDs.
|Account Management & portfolio quality
|· Along with RM, product partner, push for line utilization of complex and structured transactions. Oversee the CCM in ensuring high utilization of regular WC facilities.
· Oversee the timely review of failed Trade status, EAR, ASTAR CCRT, etc with RM and the CA to ensure discipline and quality in portfolio
· Monitor the excess/past due situation with CCM to ensure they are regularized and also facilitate approvals wherever required.
|· Review and monitor the client profitability to ensure there are no revenue leakages.
· Attend various internal or external sales/ non sales meetings like EAR, CAT, MTM calls, Portfolio Review Meeting and convene the consortium meetings where we are the lead bank.
· Maintain record of Confidentiality Agreement (Sales Team Leader to maintain file & copies will also be held by signatories to the agreement)
· Overall responsible and accountable for the credit quality of the assigned/acquired portfolio.
ü Deliver superior financial performance (including RoRWA)
ü Nil Provisioning
ü Cross Sell
ü Ensure risk and compliance is consistent with Group standards
ü Massively multiply our leadership capability
Proposition 3 – Career development
If you’re a bright mind with big ambitions, we’ll actively encourage you to fulfil your potential. Thanks to our rich and varied international footprint, we can offer exciting opportunities working across different countries and cultures. Apply Now and take the next step in fulfilling your potential.