Standard Chartered Bank was formed in 1969 through the merger of two separate banks, the Standard Bank of British South Africa and the Chartered Bank of India, Australia and China.
These banks had capitalised on the expansion of trade between Europe, Asia and Africa.
Job Title: Client Experience Manager – Governance, Reporting & Client Insight
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Consolidate and coordinate reporting of all CE metrics – NPS, TCF, Complaints, Mass Incidents, New account opening TATs – ensuring the highest standards in data quality and reporting timelines.
- Manage monthly and annual external client satisfaction and advocacy surveys (e.g. NPS, FTR/OHS) including result analysis & communication.
- Benchmark against industry and “best in class” standards.
- Drive NPS/FTR/OHS improvement and action plans in close collaboration with the Branch Managers/ City Directors / Team Leaders to achieve the targets agreed for the market.
- Responsible for all governance related activities related to reporting – e.g. Contracts, CE SLA reviews (as applicable)
- Support implementation of survey-related, process improvement initiatives/restructuring.
- Channel feedback on top client and frontline pain points via the framework established by Group CE.
- Support the Head, CE in operationalising the CEM and CEWG.
- Work with the relevant stakeholders in country for developing action plans with clear timelines for resolution of the thematic issues – socialize action plans via country Client Experience Meetings (CEM)/other forums in country e.g. Client Experience Working Group Meeting (CEWG) and track to closure
Continuous Improvement & Change Initiatives
- Lead all service improvement initiatives
- Work closely with the Country Head, CE to funnel feedback from frontline and clients to the Group CE team on the major pain points and contribute in developing ideas and improvement initiatives. (Voice of Frontline Forum)
- Facilitate discussions with a wide variety of stakeholders across functions to socialise the initiatives, agree roles & responsibilities and coordinate implementation plans.
- Engage and discuss key issues/challenges with senior management at Group and country level.
- Examples of CE enhancement initiatives include – Testing/launch of the branch de-cluttering project, operationalising an enhanced operating rhythm and engagement with country stakeholders on client communication, coordinating and delivering Service Revolution huddles with frontline team leaders etc
- Engage and discuss key findings with Client Experience Executives after review of survey calls to help improve upon quality of work.
TCF & Conduct Build a culture of treating clients fairly and conducting sustainable business practices within the country RC business by defining and implementing a roadmap of initiatives aligned with centrally agreed directives on Conduct and TCF. Ensure continuous engagement with the Product, Distribution and Compliance teams on TCF performance and implementation of conduct related initiatives. Lead and represent country along with Head, CE in TCF review sessions (as relevant) Review and manage performance of TCF results and follow through on actions with the relevant stakeholders.
Qualifications And Skills
- Work with support units in resolving complaints.
- Ability to identify errors and propose corrective solutions in the spirit of Treating Customers Fairly.
- Ability to take decisions that impact on client perception and competitive positioning of the business.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to establish good rapport with all staff and to influence change.
- Ability to deal with staff at all levels.
- Ability to identify shortcomings on businesses and propose for change.
- A professional appearance
- University graduate, excellent communication, analytical and computer skills/computer literacy
- Highly client focused with high level of interpersonal and communication skills – listening, writing, negotiating and training
- Quality focused proactive leader able to effectively communicate ideas to colleagues at all levels
- Knowledge of business processing management, information systems and company technology
- Good knowledge of core products, markets and main competitors.
- Logical with accurate eye for detail
- Proactive, flexible and resilient team player
- Practical working knowledge of company industry and banking guidelines and regulations