Posted on :
1 Jun, 2018
1 Jun, 2018
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – here for good. See our Brand and Values
Job Title: Settlement Officer
• To carry out securities settlement both in Ghana and outside of Ghana and General Banking activities in line with laid down procedures and all regulatory requirements.
• To achieve established targeted standards of productivity and client services.
• To ensure continuous improved performance and effective risk management to protect the clients and Bank’s interest.
• Support Unit Manager for effective running of the settlement desk.
• Support Head of Securities Services in Business Growth through provision of excellent service to clients. Provide any market information to as pertains to the business to the Head of Securities Services.
1. Quality Service – To ensure the highest levels of Customer Service and proactively seek improvements to meet customers’ needs and requirements and where opportunities arise to exceed them.
2. Risk Management – Comply with Operational Risk Management and Controls. Ensure all reconciliation are investigated timely, controls are effectively exercised over all operational procedures to prevent frauds and avoid losses to the Bank.
3. Reporting – Ensure timeliness, Responsiveness, Accuracy and be pro-active in handling transaction processing. Ensure real-time escalation of any possible operational incidents / ops loss / complaints to country SSO Head
4. Compliance – Compliance to all established procedures, regulations and the Group Custody Policy Guide. To ensure that all procedures laid down in the Departmental Operating Instructions and the Key Control Standards laid down by GCS are adequately followed.
5. Team Work – Work as a team and assist other team member when required
– To process client instructions promptly on receipt.
– Confirmation of details with counterparty.
– Pre-matching of trade transactions with Broker/Exchange/Depository
– To ensure daily reconciliation of instruction received before market deadlines
– To monitor funds received and credited to client’s cash account on timely manner to avoid any failed trade.
– Ensure pro-active management of client trades to reduce the chances of failure of client instructions.
– To send trade accurate and timely match / mis-match confirmation before settlement date. Closely work with client to close any discrepancy in the trade instruction.
– To ensure that all Client requirement/communication/ queries are responded within 24 hours of receipt.
– To ensure that procedures laid down in the Departmental Operating Instructions are adequately followed.
– Ensure that the relevant Key Control Standards are adhered to.
– Ensure that the regulatory requirements and deadlines are adhered to.
– Ensure real-time escalation of any possible operational incidents / ops loss / complaints to country Head Securities Service
– To perform any job or task resulting from exigencies as well as those that may be assigned by Unit Manager and Head of Securities Services.
Key Qualification and Skill Requirements
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Mathematics, Finance or Science
A minimum of 3year experience in Securities Services
Must have working knowledge of capital markets
Must have a good customer service experience
Must be able to demonstrate ability to work with minimal supervision
Must demonstrate potential to grow and fit into the broader plans of the bank
Must demonstrate his/her ability to drive change
must be able to Start work within 4 weeks of appointment.