We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviors – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realize their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organization. This, in turn, helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Job Title: Performance Manager – Finance
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
- Prepares performance management reports and performs basic analysis.
- Identifies situations where the appropriate management accounting reporting policy should be applied or where it has been applied incorrectly.
- Recognizes good business performance from poorer performance using an objective data-driven approach.
- Implements data controls verifying the integrity of reporting schedules with the General Ledger and associated Transaction Processing systems.
- Assesses the context, rationale and impact of management accounting policies and can articulate them to Finance and business/function stakeholders.
- Applies critical principles and procedural knowledge of the policies to practical revenue sharing /cost allocation situations of routine nature.
- Leads in coordinating country and business budget and forecast process, engaging with stakeholders and identifying and escalating risks and opportunities in the forward projections. Ensuring that the integrity and quality of the management packs are up to par.
- Provides insightful commentary on reporting packs and specialized schedules, including business variance analysis, linking current performance with future projections, business momentum, risks and opportunities.
- Recognized as credible source of data and query management on daily business on performance issues for business stakeholders.
- Takes ownership of the end-to-end management /business reporting process including responsibility for coordination within Finance Units to deliver the reporting requirements.
- Scans the wider external environment anticipating changes in rules and regulations and their likely impact on adapting performance metrics to align with the changing environment.
- Assist in the review of all country business PAR.
- Management Reporting
- Performance Management Reports
- Strategy Budgeting & Forecasting
- Analytical Reviews – Cost & Revenue
Experience/ Knowledge Required
- Professional qualifications in Accounting and Finance e.g. ACCA, ICA, CIMA plus at least five years work experience in an Accounting department of a financial institution.
- Good Aptitude
- Good Analytical skills
- Knowledge of general ledger, high level of computer literacy and understanding of business computing environment
- Good communications and interpersonal skills