Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for Country Chief Risk Officer (CCRO) for Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited.
The successful candidate will be responsible for building a culture of good conduct.
Job Title: Country Chief Risk Officer
- Appraise and contribute to the development of the Group’s strategic plans and alignment with risk appetite through active membership of the CMT and other forums.
- Supervise/Oversee the development of business plans with the provision of cost and impairment forecasts and a balanced judgment on the external environment.
- Contribute to the development of performance management and remuneration processes, in order to encourage the development of an appropriate risk culture and discipline
- Align strategy of the Risk function with business strategy and risk appetite in country and oversee its execution.
- Maintain and develop risk capabilities, skills and infrastructure to meet ongoing business needs and plans.
- Supervise all processes where a member of the Risk function is the identified first line process owner.
- Ensure effective management of operational risks within the Risk function and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations.
- Continuously improve the operational efficiencies and effectiveness of Country risk management processes.
- Work collaboratively with Risk Operations and Risk Analytics.
People and Talent
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people.
In partnership with Group Risk function colleagues:
- Define an organisation structure aligned and scaled to the risk control needs of the Group for the Middle East.
- Provide leadership level participation in development of the Risk Function in Standard Chartered Bank Ghana.
- Uphold and reinforce the independence of the Risk function from those whose primary responsibility is to maximise short-term revenues and profits.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of the Risk function’s people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles.
- Lead through example and embed the Group’s values and Code of Conduct in the Risk function to drive adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees.
- Develop and maintain the overall Risk Management Framework for the Bank and oversee its effective application.
- Maintain a risk committee structure for the Standard Chartered Bank Ghana and ensure it remains effective.
- Chair the Risk Committee, ensuring that the committee is exercising its responsibilities effectively within its delegated authority; actively participate in other key committees through standing membership:
QUALIFICATIONS – training, licenses, memberships and certifications
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications:
- Minimum graduate
- Finance/Banking qualification preferred
- Relevant Professional Memberships; will be added advantage
- Minimum 15 years of bank experience
- Must be proficient in English Language