We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Job Title: Senior Credit Manager
The Role Responsibilities
- Inform the development of business plans with the provision of cost and impairment forecasts and a balanced judgement on the external environment
- Communicate the strategic intent and collective agenda for the Function
- Maintain and develop the Function’s risk capabilities, and skills to meet ongoing business needs and plans
- Supervise all processes where a member of the Function is the identified first line process owner
- Ensure effective management of the operational risks within the Function and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the Function’s risk management processes
People and Talent
- Uphold and reinforce the independence of the Function from those whose primary responsibility is to maximise short-term revenues and profits
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of the Function’s peopleLead through example and build the appropriate culture and values within the business and across the wider organisation
- Ensuring that the quality of Group Mandates, Business Credit Applications (BCAs) and other credit submissions meets Group standards, particularly with regards to the completeness and depth of risk analysis.
- Approving breaches of Local Portfolio Standards, to the extent permitted by the Credit Policy.
- Formulating and obtaining approval of Portfolio Standards which is supportive (from credit risk perspective) of the business strategy of various segments
- Ensuring credit related issues be timely raised to Senior Credit Officer with all necessary suggestions for rectifications
- Assisting Senior Credit Officer on timely submission of portfolio reviews and ensure accuracy of the credit portfolio data as and when required. Ensure EAR process is adhered to and take an active part in the monthly EAR discussions. Assisting relationship managers in identification and managing up or out of accounts exhibiting signs of deterioration and assist Group Special Assets Management, where appropriate, in managing accounts to maximise recoveries and minimise losses.
- Ensure compliance to the Operational Risk framework including the effective application of risk toolkit (self-assessments, KRIs, KCSs, etc) and reporting.
- Initiate or assist stress tests as required by internal and external factors and review results and assess their implications
- Uphold the integrity of risk/return decisions, by challenging business to demonstrate that risk origination and control decisions are properly informed and consistent with strategy
- Direct appropriate response to material events or other risk issues that come to the SCO’s attention
- Exercise risk control responsibility for Credit Risk, Corporate, Institutional and Commercial, Banking
- Ensure that material risk exposures and related issues are reported to Senior Credit Officer and/or Function as appropriate
- Maintain a good understanding of the requirements of key external stakeholders in respect of risk management and ensure these are well understood internally
- Actively participate in key committees or forums
- Ensure first line process owners understand and accept their risk management responsibilities
- Maintain an open and cooperative relationship in dealings with regulators (if applicable)
- Provide a reference point on credit systems for collating and passing on to Group Technology and Operations problems and proposed enhancements.
- Increasing working profits through effective management of the loan asset portfolio in order to help develop the franchise in a sustainable way and minimise provisions.
- Maximizing Economic Revenue through effective management of the risk/reward relationships.
- Maintaining credit quality and standards of professionalism for the risk function.
- Ensure effective implementation of Group Policies / Circulars / Procedures.
- Undertake regular customer visits to better understand the business environment
Our Ideal Candidate
- A university degree in Finance, Accounting or related field. A Masters degree and professional qualifications in accounting and/or finance will be an added advantage.
- At least 10 years of Corporate banking experience, with a demonstrable experience in management of corporate credit risk management