We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviors – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realize their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organization. This, in turn, helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Job Title: Head of Cash – Transaction Banking
The Role Responsibilities
- Execute and manage the Global TB strategy in the country, adapting as required for local needs
- Provide input to local TB Head, in refining and developing a strategy and enhancing products
- Commercialize cash product capabilities and cross-sell
- Work with ITO especially CMO in developing and delivering the Target Operating Model which will optimize the delivery of the strategy.
- Ensure delivery of Bank’s conduct agenda throughout the business
- Accountable for the performance of the Cash business including revenue and costs, as well as liabilities
- Accountable for the management of local functional teams to achieve specific targets within budgets.
- Manage the delivery of Cash strategies for the country, including investment, appropriate governance, and oversight
- Represent the Cash business at ALCO, and ensure local cash product delivery for the country, in support of liability optimization strategies
- Establish and maintain a framework to ensure functions in local Cash business comply with internal policies, procedures, codes, and applicable external laws and regulations
- Build a market profile for the Bank and Cash business through the development and delivery of local Marketing strategies
- Senior sponsorship of select, large cash-intensive Client relationships
- Own all the Cash processes allocated to the role as part of the Group’s process universe
- Accountable to risk control owners and/or Group policy owners for the implementation of policies and control standards set by them, ensuring compliance, and operating within risk tolerance and risk appetite
- Responsible for management of the processes supporting the Cash business (in line with the Group’s process universe as set out in the Group Operational Risk Framework for the region) and associated risks including activities which are carried out by other businesses or functions or which are rubbed or outsourced
People and Talent
- Responsible for recruiting and managing staff in Cash business in line with the Target Operating Model
- Provide effective leadership across Cash business to promote sustainable high-quality business performance.
- Act as the key end to end focal point for Cash performance, liaising as required with Coverage, FM, and ITO within Region, and globally as appropriate.
- Lead a top team capable of ensuring delivery of the Cash business’ short and longer-term objectives through:
- Coaching, guidance, and management of the team to ensure they deliver against the financial, non-financial and risk/control objectives.
- Identifying and addressing the top issues/opportunities for performance improvement across the team.
- Driving an environment of collaboration, both within the team and across the wider Group, to ensure issues are raised and blockages are resolved in a timely manner.
- Developing succession plans that identify gaps in bench-strength; subsequently implementing action plans to ensure ready-now talent is available.
- Be a role model of the Group’s values and culture in the country
- Take the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters, taking the initiative for providing proactive advice to clients as identified. Coach and manage the team in these matters and ensure they are adequately trained in and cognizant of regulatory, reputational and ethical risks
- Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct and develop a robust culture to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among team members.
- Ensure that Risk Management matters that are brought to the job holder’s attention are subject to direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate escalation to Local / Country Heads and Group/governance committees, as appropriate
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Ensure compliance with all client anti-money laundering (AML) and sanctions policies and procedures
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Global Head of Cash
- AME Regional Cash Head
- Local Banking Head and Local CIBMT
- Country and Local Business Heads across all Products and Segment areas
- Country Local Operational Risk, Finance, GT, HR, Legal, Credit risk & Compliance
- Major Clients, particularly those where playing strategic sponsor role
- Key regulators (eg., BoG, GHIPSS)
- All stakeholders including Clients, Auditors and Regulators and Industry bodies