We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviors – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realize their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organization. This, in turn, helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Job Title: Manager, Plan to Perform, GFS-Africa
The Role Responsibilities
- Review the accuracy of management reports and ensure timely submission to Group Finance Division. Equally, manage associated queries.
- Engage with Finance Planning & Analytics (FP&A) and country during budgeting and forecasting cycles.
- Partner with country finance in preparing and submitting budget/forecast numbers to Group and where necessary challenge assumptions and abnormalities.
- Drive Performance management and Analytics – Provide trend analysis and commentaries on the Balance sheet and P&L across the West Africa sub-region.
- Track actual business performance against budget and forecasts, providing an explanation of variances and good observations to key stakeholders.
- Produce key financial reports backed with relevant insights to country finance teams, CFOs and the Group on Products and Segments performance.
- Continuously improve productivity and reporting standards prescribed from time to time.
- Deliver business efficiency through a partnership with the country and business finance resources in identifying and delivering cost save initiatives for the bank.
- Support implementation of Group projects
Our ideal candidate
- Degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics or its equivalent.
- Chartered Accountant or MBA with 5+ years working experience in Accounting or Finance process re-engineering (is an added advantage)
- Strong analytical skills
- Experienced in management reporting
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task through effective prioritization
- Leadership skills and ability to influence others in decision making initiative and proactive thinking.
- Good appreciation of Smartview Hyperion, PSGL, IDS and FA
- Proficiency in Microsoft excel, SQL