The Role Responsibilities
Job Title: Analyst, FCC Investigations
- Input to Country/Client Business operating model design of relevant FC and business processes.
- Support the Head of FCSO Ghana to ensure that there is adequate support (people, processes, tools, frameworks, systems) in the Country/Department for necessary FC works.
- Support the Head of FCSO Ghana to set and implement the vision, strategy, direction, and leadership for the Country/Department, consistent with the vision and strategy for FC and in support of the Group’s strategic direction and growth aspirations.
- Support the Head of FCSO to analyze the comprehensive impact of financial crime-related regulatory matters on the relevant business area and its operations.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
- Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices, and policies related to FC.
- Support the Head of FCSO to develop, keep up to date and recommend for approval by the relevant Risk Committee, appropriate policies/processes/DOIs to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Support the Head of FCSO in providing governance and oversight over the implementation of FC-related policies and procedures in the Country to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
- Support the Head of FCSO to provide advice to relevant stakeholders on compliance with Group standards relating to Financial Crime Compliance (AML, Sanctions, and ABC).
- Support the Head of FCSO to properly identify, analyze, escalate as well as put in place action plans to resolve risk issues.
People and Talent
- Work with the Head of FCSO and other team members to ensure team cohesion and high performance.
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust, and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory, and policy-compliant conduct is the norm.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritization, deadline management, streamlined workflows, collaboration, and effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Support the Head of FCSO to deliver on the approved training curriculum for the year.
- Ensure to clearly understand your roles and responsibilities through regular engagement with the Head of FCSO and other stakeholders.
- Support the Head of FCSO to maintain oversight of risk-mitigating action plans.
- Support the Head of FCSO to establish and maintain watch lists used for customer and transaction screening and various other due diligence and investigative purposes (local/regional internal and external).
- Support Head of FCSO assess risks arising from products, segments, geographies, customers, and transactions and escalate risk-relevant issues.
- Inform the Head of FCSO of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure support in the resolution of identified risks.
- Ensure to anticipate horizon risks in the area of financial crime that may have a significant impact on the business as a whole and assist to develop effective strategies to mitigate such horizon risks.
- Support the Head of FCSO to oversee the review and analysis of the client base to identify and manage high-risk clients, or specific country reviews.
- Support in the tracking and remediation of FC investigations-related regulatory findings.
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure the Head of FCSO is informed and support in actions are taken to quickly remediate the issues.
- Participate in the discussions of lessons learned from audit findings, FC assurance activities, and specific investigations and support in the implementation of actions.
- Ensure support for the Head of FCSO to track significant issues arising from FC metrics, FC Assurance activities, Audit reviews, and regulatory inspections, providing validation of issue closure where necessary.
- Ensure support for the Head of FCSO to analyze and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk/vulnerability and thus drive remediation action within the FCSO function.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the FCSO team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles:
o Fair Outcomes for Clients
o Effective Operation of Financial Markets
o Financial Crime Prevention
o The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct, and compliance matters.
- Ensure support in the implementation of directives of the Central Bank of Ghana, Financial Intelligence Centre (FIC).
- Central Bank of Ghana
- Financial Intelligence Centre
- Economic and Organised Crime Office
- The Office of Special Prosecutor
- Other relevant industry stakeholders
- As and when assigned by the Head of FCSO Ghana
Our Ideal Candidate
- University Degree and background in financial crime compliance
Role Specific Competencies
- Spot opportunities
- Solve problems
- Take the lead and ownership
- Build resilience
- Deliver sustainability
- Achieve result