Posted on :
3 Nov, 2017
3 Nov, 2017
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Job Title: Head Product and Segment
Responsible for executing country agenda on Segments and Retail Products to deliver sustainable growth across Priority, Business and Personal Clients.
• Responsible for growing market share and increasing client level profitability by supporting new acquisition and relationship teams and portfolio management of Secured, Unsecured, Liability, Wealth, Trade & Working Capital and Cash Management products based on client needs
• Achieve the Revenue, Balance Sheet, Product Margins and Loss adjusted Returns as per budget
• Ensure consistent Service and Product delivery on client propositions as per budgeted benchmarks by indentifying challenges related to (a) products and processes design, for resolution by Retail & Wealth Management Product team in the Region and (b) process execution within Sales, Operations and Service teams, for resolution in country with the relevant stakeholders.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Collaborate effectively with CIB/CB/ TB, Employee Banking, Client Acquisition and Relationship teams across segments to leverage the eco-system and help deliver sales volume to achieve budgeted Balance Sheet and NFI targets
• Execute global standard Client Optimization strategies to deliver Client & Product level RoRWA
• Implement the integrated segment marketing strategy to launch/re-launch the program value proposition and specific enablers and track program performance
• Optimize fees and charges to create value for clients in line with TCF principles
• Collaborate with Retail Analytics, Credit Initiation, Client Acquisition and Relationship teams to enhance the segment pipeline, increase products per customer, improve approval rates and effectively tail manage the portoiflio to deliver RC Productivity metrics of client activation and negative revenue accounts
• Identify regional alliance partners and negotiate relationships to enhance the Segment Value Proposition and provide leads to the acquisition teams
• Ensure scorecard alignment with segment and product strategy through active participation in the RCIC
• Support RB academy for the development of appropriate training content for the acquisition, relationship and service teams
• Responsible for Portfolio health on relevant products – delivery through regular engagement with Risk teams in country to track portfolio performance (through lead indicators) and taking necessary actions to ensure loan impairment is within approved and acceptable limits. Work closely with Portfolio Managers to ensure the following:
– Credit/ Business Monitoring; Managing overdue BCA / CCRT, turnover monitoring, NOC review etc
– Excess management & follow-up for tracking closure of excess granted to the customers (approved & unapproved cases).
Product & Service Delivery
• Have oversight and ownership on end-to-end (standard) process to ensure execution of on-boarding for clients and fulfillment of products through engagement with relevant stakeholders involved in executing the standard process to ensure we deliver a seamless client CVP
• Complaints & Client Experience: Collaborate closely with the CEPG teams to Identify gaps and design failures in existing process and products and work with global and regional product teams to solve for endemic design issues to improve overall product and Service delivery
Product Launches & Product Maintenance
• Execute the global Product standardization and Product rationalization agenda across Retail Products
• Work with segment and frontline teams to identify client needs and launch existing global product solutions to meet these needs. In the absence of existing global solutions work with the regional team to have the relevant proposition developed as a global solution for implementation
• Manage compliance of PPGs & CADs
• ECDD Migration follow-up & tracking closure.
• Ensure compliance to Group & Country AML and CDD policies
Qualifications and Skills
• University Degree backed by very strong formal banking and management training
• Minimum 10 years experience in financial services industry
• Strong communication skills – oral, written and presentation
• Strategic mindset and with a micro dimension of business and customer experience
• Good business judgment and strong in change delivery management
• Strategic thinker, with proven large team management capability
• In depth knowledge of products, sales, services, delivery channels and customer segments
• Good communication skills both written and oral and the ability to work independently without close supervision
• Very good knowledge and understanding of the Group Policies, Standards, local regulations and legislations on the prevention of money laundering.