Posted on :
12 Sep, 2017
12 Sep, 2017
Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is a market – leading financial services brand in Ghana, listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange.
It has operated for 118 years in the country and is currently the highest priced stock on the exchange.
The Bank’s focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers have driven its consistent growth in recent years.
Job Title: Markets Products Specialist
1. The role holder is required to market and manage FI client relationships through proactive, consultative approach and detailed understanding of existing client’s business (es) to enhance profit.
2. Maintenance of high-quality advisory relationships with clients and relationship managers, that includes effective consultative selling and creative structuring of financial solutions (within segmentation boundaries).
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Directly work with clients to deepen and secure existing FI business relationships through the analyses of needs and provision of products and services.
• Analyse and review quality of potential and existing business to ensure maximum profitability.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all actual and attempted FI client interactions.
• Conduct client meetings that have defined call objectives, desired outcomes and a well-constructed plan.
• Liaise and provide leadership in terms of FI and FX, particularly in the provision of solutions and services to clients.
• May be requested to co-ordinate country or regional initiatives within a WMPS team.
• Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws, other applicable laws, and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
• Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations form part of the culture
• Engage with all audit report findings, relevant to WMPS business in country and ensure feedback is acted upon.
• Branch Managers
• Branch Staff
• Relationship Managers
• Information Management Analyst
• Achievement of WMPS budgeted growth
• Profit and Loss of WMPS business at country and regional level.
• Image and reputation of WMPS and the Bank.
• Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to group/country, AML.
• Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in WMPS Ghana
• Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
• Minimum Qualification: ACI Dealing Certificate and or others as defined by HR.
• Sound background and knowledge of Banking and ability to understand the flows and processes as it impacts the Financial Markets space.
• Should possess a sound knowledge of markets, good analytical skills.
• Should possess good marketing and interpersonal skills, confidence and the ability to self motivate.
• Should be multi-culturally aware and sensitive.
• Should be proactive, flexible and innovative.
• Should be well aware/knowledgeable of regulations and policies.
• Must be able to spot opportunities, solve problems, take the lead, collaborate and communicate.
The closing date for applications is 18/09/17. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record of your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.a