A non bank financial institution seeks an AML compliance officer to report to their Group Internal Control Department and lead AML matters across the business.
Reporting to Group Internal Control Department, the officer serves as a subject matter expert in AML compliance and provides advice to business lines, compliance staff, and other stakeholders on AML compliance risks impacting the company.
The officer will contribute to oversight of deposit mobilising, credit and e-business operations in line with the execution of the AML Compliance Program and the institutions KYC Policies.
Working with Policy and Regulatory Compliance Officers (PRCOs), this officer is a source of AML compliance expertise, participates in the resolution of AML compliance issues and promotes effective and consistent management of AML compliance risks throughout the institution.
- The officer directly supports the Risk Manager in the management, operation, development and execution of the BOG/FIC AML compliance program for all financial institutions in Ghana;
- Oversight of AML Compliance Activities in deposit mobilising, credit and e-business operations;
- AML Compliance Reporting and MIS;
- AML Compliance Issue Tracking and Escalation;
- AML Compliance Training;
- AML Compliance Record Management;
- AML Risk Assessments;
- Examination and Audit Assistance;
- AML Program Management.
Officer should be ready to travel around branches spread across the country
Required Skills or Experience
- The applicant must have a minimum of 5 years working experience as an AML Compliance Officer or Risk Analyst working for a Bank or NBFI regulated by BOG under the banking Act 2004 (Act 673).
- S/he must have strong knowledge of the AML Act 2008 (Act 749) and the AML/CFT Guideline for banks and NBFIs.
- Experience in administering and working closely in all areas of AML compliance.
- Effective communications skills, including excellent writing and oral communications ability.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with business leaders and compliance officers in other institutions to achieve desired objectives.
- Applicant must show dedication to helping build a strong AML compliance function in a dynamic environment.
- The ideal candidate must have a strong personality, be able to liaise at all levels and have the ability to deal with stressful and difficult situations.
- Education: 1st Degree (Economics/Business Management) from a recognised Institution.
- Certification: Plus Part Qualified Professional (ACCA/CIMA/CAG/CIB). The candidate must also be willing to develop himself and acquire a Risk Management Certification from a reputable professional institution within a reasonable period.
- Total Years of Experience: Not less than 3 years
- Years of Experience in Present Not less than 1 year
How To Apply