MODEC has been providing competitive floating solutions for the offshore oil and gas industry and is recognized as a leading specialist for Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels, Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessels, Floating LNGs (FLNGs), Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs), and Production Semi-submersibles.
Job Title: Senior Instruments & Controls Engineer
Provides daily and ongoing controls & instrumentation engineering onshore support to the MODEC Ghana Facility Operations, two FPSO’s: KNK and TEN. The MODEC Ghana Senior Instrumentation & Controls Engineer Lead’s role is to complete the Controls & Instrumentation engineering discipline inputs as applicable to all Management of Change or specifically acting as Technical focal point for day-to-day Instrumentation & controls, functional safety metering and telecommunications equipment issues & support for work activities specifically related to the FPSO operations. Manage a team of Instrumentation and Controls Engineers.
- Provides Engineering support to achieve and maintain the technical and performance integrity of the FPSO Facility.
- Liaisons with offshore Maintenance team to ensure scheduled Instrumentation & Controls, Functional Safety Metering and Telecommunications Maintenance activities are completed.
- Provides production and operations engineering change support for the Facilities systems including power generation, production process control systems, utility and marine systems.
- Provides Instrumentation & Controls, Functional Safety, Metering and Telecommunications support to the FPSO systems technicians, engineers and managers.
- Strong troubleshooting & knowledge with integrated control & safety systems, programmable logic controllers and associated hardware is desirable, specifically for:
- Power generation, gas turbine units
- Other applicable FPSO PLC’s
- FCS / FGS / SIS.
- Knowledge and remain abreast of relevant codes, standards and legislative requirements.
- Management and coordination of all project processes from budget preparation, financial approvals, schedule and cost estimates, risk and quality management, project execution and closure.
- Lead and participate in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) assessments.
- Resource planning for current and future projects.
- Previous experience with the operation and maintenance of instrumentation and control systems within a large scale process plant.
- Identify, review, and approve any QA/QC requirements for the Facility’s equipment and packages that relate to the electrical & instrumentation components of all management of change engineering change request work scopes.
- Liaise with vendors, sub-contractors & appropriate Technical Authority (TA) to improve equipment performance, & deliver operational & project modifications to improve operational efficiency.
- Identify, develop, and complete Management of Change, Engineering Change Requests including Engineering assessments and Software Change Requests with respect to all instrumentation & control, metering and telecommunications engineering related systems and equipment. This includes the design and engineering standards and specifications review and development. Proposed change markups, equipment sizing, engineering proposals & calculations as required for project approval.
- Analyses and reports findings on the performance monitoring activities related specifically to operational issues troubleshooting. Identifies any areas of concern and provides recommendations to the operations team for resolution.
- Carry out routine audits & onsite inspections to ensure the condition & operation of instrument and control equipment is in accordance with operations and required performance procedures.
- Provides ongoing progress reports to the MoC Lead with respect to the change request work activities and any identified issues.
- Prepares project cost estimates for schedules, specifications for labor, and material and equipment. Completes technical bid evaluations of contractor/vendor bid submissions.
- Plans and manages work scopes with company approved contractors for the facility.
- Provide guidance & direction in the preparation / implementation of service support & healthcare contracts, including sourcing suitable vendors.
- Completes ongoing monitoring of the facility electrical & instrumentation equipment and systems.
- Directs technicians and contractors to ensure MODEC Ghana Limited objectives and targets are met with regard to budget, safety, risk, quality, and engineering standards.
- Engages external fabrication and local service providers, within the assigned authority levels.
- A tertiary qualification such as a Bachelor’s Degree in Instrumentation & Control engineering or equivalent.
- Desirable Chemical or suitably experienced Instrumentation Engineer.
- 10 years’ experience in the hydrocarbon or offshore oil & gas industry desirably with Floating Production facilities.
- Able to demonstrate a good work ethic & knowledge of the relevant Ghanaian and International standards applicable to the oil & gas industry, and how they relate specifically to the facility operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of computer literacy in office packages, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience with instrumentation & control systems, field transmitters, actuated modulating control & on/off valves, analysers, functional safety, metering systems & compliance and telecommunication systems.
- Knowledge of the document control and procurement management systems and processes.
- Knowledge of the maintenance management system, preferably MAXIMO.
- Current OPITO accredited TBOSIET (Tropical Basic Offshore Safety Escape Training) qualification and UKOOA accredited offshore medical clearance certificate are required for offshore travel to the FPSO