The Solar Technician shall be responsible for supporting the sales and service activities. The Installer is responsible for assisting peers and superiors with layout and installation of solar array systems from plan. He/she must maintain a clean and secure job site at all times which includes activities such as grounds keeping, debris removal, hauling and hoisting materials when needed, panel washing, and oversight of contractors as required. Must possess the ability to use hand and power tools and convey a positive image of the company both internally and externally.
Job Title: Solar Technician / Installer
- Sales Activities
- Performs energy audits on client sites
- Installs Energy meter and cell modem on clients site
- Project Execution Activities
- Installs and commissions ground mount and roof top solar, battery systems, HVAC, and Lighting systems
- Layout and assembly of solar modules/array and mounting hardware including racking, modules, and electrical components.
- Assist in the job site preparation, setting up ladders, loading/unloading equipment, and other safety equipment.
- Tools and equipment maintenance- maintain all tools and equipment; pick up tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
- Assist in on-site cleaning, repair and maintenance of components including panel washing; troubleshoot and resolve problems that may arise, and performing other duties as assigned.
- Resolves site issues through site visits.
- Ensures customer satisfaction.
- At least 2 years of technician experience, preferably in the solar industry
- Must be proud of your work, take ownership, and be passionate about quality of workmanship
- Work well in a team environment & have good communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Solar Energy training certificate from a Goverment approved Technical instutute or University
- Flexible to travel domestically and Internationally
- Fluency in French will be an added advantage
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues;
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development;
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast growing company.