The Heavy Mining Equipment Department of Tarkwa Gold mine is seeking to employ dedicated experiences and self motivated individual to fill the position of Mechanical Supervisor HME drill rig.
The incumbent shall be responsible for ensuring the application of HME management systems, processes, policies and resources provided, to meet the short term demands of the company in order to remain competitive, taking cognizance of best practice principles, with the aim to perform the daily activities of the operation in a responsible and safe manner, with quality and quantity of work as priority.
Purpose of the job:
Gold Fields is seeking to employ a Tribology Engineer (Lubrication Specialist) to manage and control all engineering lubrication activities within the West African Region of the company, associated with all surface Process Plant machinery and all Heavy Mining Equipment (HME).
Reporting to the Regional Manager Engineering, the Superintendent Tribology will be responsible for ensuring that effective fuel and lubrication management and control is implemented within Ghana and the West African Region of Gold Fields.
The Superintendent Tribology will make use of his/her knowledge, skills and experience to identify, implement and manage continuous improvement projects.
- Ensure the company’s safety standards are constantly upheld and not compromised by poor hydrocarbon management
- Effective management of all fuel and lubricant depot’s to ISO Standards of cleanliness, metering and dispensing standards
- Effective fuel and lube deport equipment availability reliability and performance, risk mitigating initiatives and contract management is constantly upheld
- Ensures that agreed contract management standards and procedures developed between Gold Fields and approved suppliers of fuel and lubricants remain in compliance within contractual agreement
- Effective and accurate fuel and lube monitoring is constantly upheld between Gold Fields and approved suppliers
- Gold Fields Environmental standards are upheld with specific attention to waste oil management and zero tolerance on environmental contamination
- Effective management interface is generated to ensure fuel and lube operational cost control in line with set mine budgets and Life of Mine (LOM) Plans are adhered to/improved
- Effective and internationally updated hydrocarbon skills development is entrenched for selected maintenance and operational staff
Required Skills or Experience
- A tertiary qualification in the field of Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Suitably experienced and skilled in all aspects of effective Gold Processing Plant and Heavy Equipment (HME) maintenance practices ( minimum 5 years)
- Suitably qualified in business administration to demonstrate effective reporting to management regarding all aspects of fuel and lubrication reports and financial statements associated with company contractual agreements
- Ability to conduct effective fuel and lubrication surveys on site
- Ability to assist in the establishment of company best fuel and lubrication standards
- Ability to provide leadership, training and support to ensure that employees and contractors comply with safety standards that meet industry standards and all mining legislative requirements
- Ability to provide effective waste oil management and monitoring
- Comprehensive Oil Analysis laboratory understanding
- Ability to participate and contribute towards the Continual Improvement program for all Maintenance and Engineering Departments
- Technical qualified to conduct problem solving and Root Cause failure analysis
- Sound business acumen and the ability to influence the main cost drivers in this environment
- Advanced level of technical communications, personal interaction and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken, as well as the ability to interact with people of diverse cultures
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite and a working knowledge of planned maintenance software
- Medical fitness for the position and environment
It would be advantageous if applicants have:
- Work experience in a remote location
- Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts
How To Apply
Interested parties should submit their Curriculum Vitae to:
Gladys Damarlie – Human Resources Officer
Tarkwa Gold Mine
P. O. Box 26
Offer valid till: 02 Dec, 2011