SW Global is one of the first globally competitive technology companies to emerge from West Africa and penetrate the global information technology (IT) market. SW Global Ghana recruits Subject Matter Expert (SME) Education (Consultant)
The position holder for this role would be responsible for researching and putting in place structures to set in motion our company’s entry into the wider E-Education market. The SME for e- Education is responsible for supporting the SW Global Software Development team in developing and delivering research-based best practices in current educational trends that would be relevant and edifying for students. The goal of the SME is to enhance the users’ product experience by illustrating how the software meets their educational needs and goals while ensuring overall efficiency in their lifestyle.
Broad Duties and Responsibilities
- To investigate and report on the market, technical and managerial feasibility of undertaking the E-Education project, conduct a market survey and analysis and prepare a project document based on the study
- To investigate, report as well as assist in conducting a comprehensive project appraisal which will enable the company to evaluate funding prospects for the project. The final appraisal will assess the market, technical and economic viability of the project.
- To prepare detailed assumptions for developing operational projections for the first 10 years of operation.
- To identify potential issues and risks likely to face the venture and recommend ways of minimizing adverse effects.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Project Concept: To review the concept of the project in terms of scope and rationale and assess whether the project will be consistent with market demand.
- Market: Provide a detailed assessment of the market(s) for the project, focusing on the demand, supply and pricing structure for the project’s services. Describe the project’s main competitors, and nature of the competitive environment in the target market. In view of the projected market opportunities, recommend the mix of services and optimal project size.
- SWOT Analysis: Conduct a detailed analysis of each identified market’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats with relation to our identified product offerings.
- Marketing: Assess and describe the arrangements to market the project’s products, and make recommendations on marketing issues.
- Management and Organization: Provide recommendations on management, organizational structure as well as on the qualifications of key staff members. Make recommendations on requirement for training and technical assistance.
- Environment / Economic Evaluation: Provide comments on the project’s potential environmental impact, positive and negative, and recommend mitigating measures, where necessary; Employment – direct & indirect as well as training of local labour and management.
- Any other aspects of the project which in the consultant’s professional judgment would add to the quality of to the company’s profile and/or facilitate the successful implementation of the project including project management, hygiene, safety, quality control and other issues that could affect the project..
- Develop, document, and implement worldwide support delivery plans to ensure clients receive seamless software support for their purchased offering.
- Provide needed support to train and illustrate to SW Global customers, how the software meets their business needs and goals and ensures overall efficiency in their operations.
- Work with delivery management, product developers, account managers, finance, as well as technical sales and marketing as the support liaison between these business units and the customer.
- Support, shape and redefine Service Delivery processes, ensuring technical consistency for SW Global customers.
- Within the scope of the software development life-cycle, advice Product Development on technical support processes whilst preparing the SW Global support structure for new offerings and support readiness.
- Help determine workload projections as input to the staffing plan required to develop software and provide support after implementation.
- Responsible for developing a relationship with customers, to help identify other software service opportunities.
- Document all communication with customers and interdepartmental constituents related to outstanding technical issues in order to resolve or escalate to next level
- Work with subsidiary sales and proposal teams to elaborate customer solutions (from simple projects to complex multi years projects)
- Contribute to the customer proposal preparation in terms of competencies, resources, scope, schedule, workload, risks and costs.
- Initiate collaboration with educators and students representatives in all target markets to maintain product relevance.
- Perform other duties as required.
Educational Requirements and Work Experience
- Master’s Degree in Education or similar university education, MBA will be an added advantage
- Experience or knowledge in Education services
- Some Knowledge of software development methodology is required
- Knowledge of educational products would be preferabl
- Excellent English speaking skills (able to present / manage international meetings with several stakeholders)
- Good level of understanding on a wide range of technologies & project types
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion and confidence in this field
- Excellent interpersonal skills
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected].
Be sure to include the position title in the subject line.
Contact Person : Beatrice
E-mail :[email protected]