SW Global is one of the first globally competitive technology companies to emerge from West Africa and penetrate the global information technology (IT) market. SW Global Recruits Senior Finance Officer
The role of the Senior Finance Officer is to manage the Treasury, Accounting and Control functions of the Finance Department. The position holder also works in conjunction with the Corporate Controller to provide full finance support to all business partners in and out of the organization.
- Advise on relevant financial resource allocation decisions (i.e. petty cash and other account payables)
- Oversee the preparation and execution of all routine financial transactions such as bookkeeping, accounts receivables and cash receipts, reporting and budgeting activities
- Provide financial advice and support in preparing project bids and general responses to RFPs
- Supervise the maintenance of required records, reports, and files in an organized manner
- Supervise the posting of all categories of accounts to the General Ledger
- Audit and recommend improvements for the overall financial processes and policies for the SW Global Group of Companies
- Ensure the overall transparency and accountability of all financial transactions
- Project long-term financial anticipated outcomes (for new and current projects) and inform management of any relevant conclusions and recommendations
- Prepare or oversee all relevant reports and budget projections as needed;
Core Competencies and Characteristics:
The key capabilities and personal attributes that this position entails and that we expect you to have and are responsible to uphold include, but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive understanding of business processes and resource allocations;
- Well organized and precise record keeping skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Effective communication skills
- Competency using QuickBooks (or similar accounting software system), Microsoft Office Applications, email and general computer literacy.
- Extensive experience and demonstrated comprehension in Accounting and Finance
Educational Requirements and Work Experience
- A 4-year university education with an emphasis in accounting or finance. ACCA is required, MBA preferred, CPA desired
- 2-4 years in a Big 4 public accounting firm
- 3-5 years minimum of experience working in related field.
- Candidates from the diaspora with American or European experience preferred for their international experience.
- Please provide passport size photograph
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected].
Be sure to include the position title in the subject line.
Contact Person : Beatrice
E-mail : [email protected]