Posted on :
23 Mar, 2018
23 Mar, 2018
Sweden Ghana Medical Centre is Ghana’s first private cancer care centre, serving patients from across West Africa. SGMC has a bold vision: we want to be the leading innovator in our field, with skilled employees who are motivated to deliver the best patient outcomes for our clients. We want to contribute to cancer treatment and research as we strive to give our patients the most effective therapies.We are seekinga Pharmacist experienced with oncology preparations to join our team, where our teamwork is sustained by the genuine care, respect and loyalty that we share. We give the best care, consistently bringing expertise, advanced technology and best practices to make our patients experience the highest quality treatment. Moreover, we uphold the highest standards of ethical and professional behavior. In everything we do, we always strive to take away the burden of cancer.
Job Title: Pharmacist (Oncology)
Reports: Senior Pharmacist
Location: Accra, Greater Accra
Contract Type: Permanent (Full Time)
Hours: Mondays-Fridays 8:00am-5:00pm (Occasional Weekend/extra working hours may be required)
• SGMC covers the full range of cancer specialties; our highly skilled teamuses state-of-the art equipment and European-standard treatment techniques to provide high quality radiation treatment.In addition, the Centre uses modern virtual simulation and CT-based 3D treatment planning capabilities aimed at precisely targeting radiation delivery to tumors, while protecting normal tissues. Our cancer treatment plans and modern radiotherapy give all our patients their best chance to fight cancer, to survive cancer and to improve the quality of their lives while living with cancer.
• The primary responsibility of an Oncology Pharmacist is to dispense and supplyoncologymedicines in accordance with company policy and practice, providing accurate medication information and advice to ensure optimum patient outcomes and to providesupervision and direction to Oncology Technicians. The oncology pharmacist provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care through integrated drug distribution, clinical services and teaching.With the important role medications play in the treatment of cancer, the oncology pharmacist has become an integral part of the cancer care team. Oncology pharmacists are actively engaged in all aspects of cancer care—from chemotherapy dose preparation and safety checks, to educating patients about side effects, to drug development research. In addition, if a patient or caregiver has any questions about a cancer medication, the oncology pharmacist is a helpful resource.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
You will be expected to achieve a high standard of performance as a Pharmacist (Oncology) while you deliver on the following broad job functions (details of which will be provided to you in a job description):
o Receive patients, dispense drugs to patients and the departments; confirm patient’s payment, triage emergency or urgent cases appropriately and communicate with doctors, patients and front desk around delays.
o Manage stocks of the drugs as well as surgical dressings, arrange and ensure appropriate ways of handling drugs and be available at all times, ensure that all drugs are delivered on time.
o Manage your Preparation area: properly arrange the preparation room, equipment and work stations for each day’s preparation; report any faults, near accidents or breakdowns immediately and ensure equipment is kept clean and in good working order.
• Perform chemotherapy preparation accurately and to highest standard: carefully read and execute treatment plans in order to produce best patient outcomes. Ensure all chemo preparation times are effectively coordinated with the chemo nurses to maximize patient treatment times
• Clearly communicate with the senior pharmacist and medical team: process instructions and treatment plans in timely manner; validate the accuracy and quality of the treatment where needed; and consult wherever necessary to guarantee patient/referring doctor gets best results.
• Follow through on treatment reporting: ensure patients receive their drugs; address any patient queries and communicate regularly with case management and all other relevant team members to ensure there are no delays.
• To assist the senior pharmacist in all his duties and in the preparing and quality-checking of sterile medications, for example intravenous medications.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor of Pharmacy and registered with Pharmacy Council
• Experience in oncology pharmacy practice and good manufacturing procedures (GMP)
• Exceptional leadership, organizational and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated competency in the following areas:
• Quality use of medicines
• Provision of drug information
• Accurate dispensing skills
• Preparation of pharmaceutical products
• Willingness to undertake Continuing Professional Education
• Candidate must be ready to learn and familiarize themselves with working in a multidisciplinary environment
• Ability to work in a team
• Five years of work experience is required
Benefits: Attractive remuneration package.
How to Apply
Send your CV to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 15 April, 2018