Takoradi Technical University is located in Takoradi in the Western Region of Ghana with digital address system WS-200-1787 (Main Campus). The University was converted from a Polytechnic to a Technical University in September 2016 by an Act of Parliament establishing Technical Universities in Ghana. The University has been mandated by the Technical
Universities Act, (Act 922), to provide higher education in engineering, science, and technology-based disciplines, technical and vocational education and training, applied arts and related disciplines. The University has three (3) campuses: Effia-Kuma (Takoradi – Main Campus), Butumagyebu (Sekondi) and Akatakyi (Agona-Nkwanta).
Vision Statement: To be the most preferred engineering and applied sciences University devoted to excellence in teaching and applied industrial research to produce competent world- class human resource for the strategic development of industry in order to achieve an enhanced national and global development.
Mission Statement: Takoradi Technical University is dedicated to advanced instructional delivery in engineering and applied sciences and also creative arts, business and technology-based research disciplines in strong collaboration with industry through competency-based teaching approaches.
Job Title: Registrar
The Governing Council of Takoradi Technical University announces for the information of the Academic Community and the General Public the executive search for qualified and enterprising persons for the underlisted position.
The Registrar shall report to the Vice-Chancellor and shall be the Chief Administrative Officer of the University. The Registrar shall be responsible for:
- The coordination of the University’s strategic planning, policy formulation, and implementation.
- The supervision of the day-to-day operations of the offices within the Registry, including student admissions, examinations and records, student affairs, human resource, and general administration.
- Secretarial duties of the Governing Council and the Academic Board of the University.
- The custody of the University’s Seal and for affixing same to relevant documents of the Governing Council and the Academic Board.
- The custody of all legal documents and records of the University.
- Publishing policy decisions of the Governing Council and the Academic Board of the University.
- Any other official function as may be assigned by the Governing Council or delegated by the Vice-Chancellor of the University.
Terms of Appointment
- The Registrar shall hold office for an initial term of four (4) years. The appointment may be renewed, upon application for a further term of four (4) years or part thereof only if that is not beyond the statutory retirement age of sixty (60) years.
- The terms and conditions of the appointment shall be determined by the Governing Council of the University.
Required Skills or Experience
- Should be capable of planning, organising, implementing and administratively managing all activities related to the Office of the Registrar.
- Should be able to provide sound advice to the Vice-Chancellor on all issues affecting the administrative functions of the University.
- Must have wide experience in the management of students and staff records in a manner that is consistent with the University’s mission and accreditation standards.
- Must possess excellent relational, communication, academic and administrative skills.
- Should be able to develop implementation strategies to achieve the Mission and Vision of the University.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and commitment to outstanding student service.
- Must effectively communicate with students, administrators, and external agencies.
- Must work with and influence others to achieve operational requirements.
- Must work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Should be able to counsel students and provide directions as appropriate to resolve issues and complaints.
- Must have a minimum of Master’s degree preferably in Administration or Management related area with significant experience in university, educational, public sector or business administration, A professional qualification in the relevant discipline shall be an added advantage.
- Must have served as a Deputy Registrar in a University or comparable grade in a similar institution for at least (6) years and must be computer literate.
- Must be able to complete at least one term of four (4) years before attaining the compulsory retirement age of sixty (60) years.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send seven (7) copies of their application package including the following:
- Curriculum Vitae with documentation on personal history, academic credentials, work experience and addresses of three (3) referees who can attest to the qualities of the applicant.
- A short statement of not more than four pages Times New Roman size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining their vision for Takoradi Technical University and strategies for implementation.
Applications must be hand-delivered in a sealed envelope to the Registry of the University and signed for or submitted via courier services to the address below (as applicable) not later than TUESDAY. APRIL 30, 2019 The Chairman Search Committee for Registrar c/o Office of the Registrar Takoradi Technical University P. O. Box 256 Takoradi Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.