Posted on :
6 Mar, 2020
6 Mar, 2020
Takoradi Technical University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment as Webmaster.
Job Title: Webmaster
• The webmaster will manage web pages, sites and applications He will coordinate the design, development, deployment and maintenance of the University’s online presence.
• He will be responsible for web developers and graphic artists and oversee all aspects of creating a website. He will be responsible for maintaining websites.
• Ensure sites are functioning properly and are available to users.
• Tests speed of access and improve upon loading speed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure the web servers, hardware and software are operating accurately.
• Design websites.
• Generate and revise web pages.
• Examine and analyze site traffic.
• Configure web servers such as Apache.
• Serve as the server administrator
• Regulate and manage access rights of different users on website.
• Create and modify appearance and setting of site.
• Lay out content on web pages.
• Deal with and respond to heavy volumes of email.
• Decide what kind of computer will hold a web site’s information.
• Test websites to see if there are any parts that are difficult to use.
• Meet with designers to agree on site’s design.
• Fix link that don’t work and pictures that aren’t appearing properly.
• Decide how site’s content will be delivered to the internet
• Keep files small so sites load faster
• Test different browsers and ensure staff and students with different computers can access a website.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
• M.Phil. in Computer Science
• Technical skills and experience in computer programming languages, operating systems and internet applications such as HTML and XML.
How To Apply
Interested persons with the requisite qualification(s) and related working experience should submit Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae with names and address of three (3) referees to the address below not later than 31st March, 2020. The Vice Chancellor Takoradi Technical University P. O.BOX 256 Takoradi Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum requirements shall be contacted. Please note that all appointments shall be by interview.
Closing Date: 31 March, 2020