Posted on :
6 Mar, 2020
6 Mar, 2020
Takoradi Technical University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment as
Job Title: Chief Security Officer.
Applicants are invited from suitable qualified persons for appointment as CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER in the University. The appointment is a Senior Staff status and on full-time basis. Salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
• Plan, direct, oversee and coordinate security activities on campus.
• Supervise Security Officers in the performance of duties to ensure the security and safety of life and property on campus.
• Organize training for Security Officers.
• Ensure the implementation and compliance of Security Policies, Procedures and Programmes.
• Organize Muster Parade for Security Officers.
• Liaise with local Security Agencies.
• Investigate security breaches and report on same to the Vice Chancellor.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A serving or Ex-military Officer not below the rank of a Warrant Officer or its equivalent in the Ghana Armed Forces.
• A minimum of a FIRST DEGREE from any recognized Tertiary Institution
• Must have done all the relevant military courses commensurate to a Warrant Officer Rank with Drill and Duties Course being an advantage.
• Ability to operate with utmost discretion.
• Should not be more than 45 years by January 2020
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENT
• Very good verbal and written communication skills
• Very good interpersonal skills
• Very good analytical skills, investigate skills and sound decision-making ability.
• Ability to effectively lead and manage a team and people.
• Sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgement.
• Duty conscious and have capacity to manage crisis situations.
How To Apply
Interested persons with the requisite qualification(s) and related working experience should submit Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae with names and address of three (3) referees to the address below not later than 31st March, 2020. The Vice Chancellor Takoradi Technical University P. O.BOX 256 Takoradi Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum requirements shall be contacted. Please note that all appointments shall be by interview.
Closing Date: 31 March, 2020