Posted on :
6 Mar, 2020
6 Mar, 2020
Takoradi Technical University invites applications from suitable qualified candidates for appointment as
Job Title: University Librarian.
• The Librarian would be responsible for acquiring, organizing, managing and distributing library resources and ensuring that library provision meets the needs of all its users.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• selecting, developing, cataloging and classifying library resources
• answering readers’ enquiries
• using library systems and specialist computer applications
• management of staff, including recruitment, training and/or supervisory duties
• liaising with departmental academic staff, external organization and suppliers
• ensuring that library services meet the needs of particular groups of users (e.g. staff, students, disabled students)
• managing budget and resources
• supporting independent research and learning
• developing IT facilities
• assisting readers to use computer equipment, conduct literature searches, etc.
• promoting the library’s resources to user.
Qualification Required & Experience
• have a minimum of a postgraduate degree in library or information science related studies
• a PhD in Library Science of Studies is preferable
• served as a Deputy Librarian in a University of comparable grade in a similar institution/organization for at least six (6) years
• be a scholar and a member of a Professional Body in a Librarianship/Information Science
• be computer literate and be conversant with library software.
How To Apply
Interested persons with the requisite qualification(s) and related working experience should submit Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae with names and address of three (3) referees to the address below not later than 31st March, 2020. The Vice Chancellor Takoradi Technical University P. O.BOX 256 Takoradi Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum requirements shall be contacted. Please note that all appointments shall be by interview.
Closing Date: 31 March, 2020