Posted on :
22 Nov, 2021
22 Nov, 2021
Job Title: Head – Operations
Purpose of the Role
• Monitoring & Supervise the Gantry, Tank Farm & Vessel Operations of the Terminal
• Ensure that all Operations activities carried out in the Terminal are undertaken in an efficient, safe and reliable manner.
• Maintain control of the principle operational parameters.
• Ensure that products enter and leave the terminal storage with minimal loss and complete product integrity.
• Ensure that all standard operating procedures are strictly followed by the staff in the terminal.
• Carry out daily terminal operations in accordance with goals set down by General Manager.
• Ensure that the Terminal meets or exceeds the expectations of all customers with fast and accurate order taking, on-time delivery with the right quantity and quality of products.
• Conduct walkabout to identify areas of improvement, recommend actions for items that need improvements and disseminate and implement best practices.
• Prepare and present daily and other operational reports to the General Manager when requested.
• Represent the General Manager when he is not on site.
• Strive for zero accidents and report all near misses.
• Ensure that HSSE policies are strictly followed.
• Ensure adherence of PTW System, Incident Reporting System, Legal Management System.
• Conduct training for Terminal staff periodically on Operations.
• Ensure all stationary, consumables are available in the Terminal at all time.
Qualification Required & Experience
Key Competencies/ Skills Required
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering
• Ten to fifteen years’ experience Terminal Operations.
• Have experience in handling vessel operations.
• Have operating knowledge in Terminal Automation System.
• Have thorough knowledge in stock accounting.
• Have knowledge of ISO
• Have thorough knowledge in ASTM procedure for oil operation and measurement
• Have thorough knowledge in Safety Systems & Procedures.
• Customer service skill is must
• Good oral and written communication.
• Conflict Management
• Stress Management
How To Apply
If you wish to work at Tema Oil Terminal, please send a cover letter and a CV with the Position as the subject to:
Closing Date: 22 November, 2021