Tetra Tech creates practical, sustainable, and environmentally responsible solutions to address the world’s most complex challenges.
Our service areas include agriculture and economic growth; democracy and governance; energy; environment and natural resources; land tenure and property rights; water supply and sanitation; architecture, engineering, and construction services; and global security. Tetra Tech creates practical, sustainable, and environmentally responsible solutions for federal agencies, governments, multilateral banks, and multinational corporations.
Job Title: Monitoring And Evaluation Officer
Context and Justification
The West African Biodiversity and Climate Change (WA BICC) programme is a USAID five years initiative (2015-2020) implemented by Tetra Tech.
The project is implemented through three main components: combating wildlife trafficking, improving coastal resilience and reducing deforestation, degradation and biodiversity loss in key forests.
The project is presently hiring a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer based in Accra (Ghana).
General description of the position
- The M&E Officer will support the WA BICC’s M&E Specialist in implementing and developing an efficient system for project performance measurement.
- Under the supervision of the M&E Specialist, the M&E Officer will be in charge of the management of the whole reporting system and ensure reliability of results produced.
- The M&E Assistant will collaborate with the WA BiCC staff and support Partners and Grantees in reinforcing their capacities and developing tools for meeting requirements for progress measurement and reporting.
- The M&E Officer will ensure regular collection of data, analysis and transmission of information on project’s activities and results.
- The M&E Assistant will participate. in the design, implementation and deployment of Evaluations, Baselines and any other Studies conducted by the project or third party evaluators.
- S/he will work closely with the other members of the Collaborating. Learning and Adapting Unit to ensure that the M&E results are integrated into the WA BiCC learning framework and effectively communicated to relevant policymakers and practitioners
The M&E Officer is based in Accra and will cover all the WA BiCC intervention area consisting of the 15 West African countries.
Required Skills or Experience
- At least four years of advanced education in a related field such as; International development, Environment Sciences and Geography, Business, Economics, Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Database Management;
- Minimum of five years in ensuring Monitoring and Evaluation functions in programme or project intervening preferably in rural development, environment, agriculture) etc.;
- An experience of at least two years in international project development, preferably in project funded by the US Government Agencies (USAID) could be an asset;
- Strong knowledge in the use of spreadsheet and database packages (Excel, Access. etc.), in statistical software (SPSS, Sphinx, etc.) and in Geographical tools (Arcview, GPS, etc.)
- Experience in the use of mobile technology (SMS, Smartphone, etc.) and in the design’ and management of a Monitoring Database could be an asset;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French is required
How to Apply
Interested candidates are solicited to send a letter of application, a current CV and a list of at least three professional references later than Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 12hrs 00 GMT to the following email: [email protected]
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations-in the US and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workforce.
We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups.
Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer