Manages day-to-day purchasing operations. This includes coordinating and overseeing all purchase requisitions, all major purchases, the negotiation of contracts that relate to the specific operations, interfacing with vendors and requestors to develop relationships. Will assist in the selection of vendors to ensure that they are able to meet the needs of the operation. Will also interface with vendors regarding problems to resolve those problems and to ensure that an appropriate professional relationship is maintained with them.
Job Title: Area Purchasing Manager
- Negotiating purchases and executing purchase agreements and orders to ensure that appropriate agreements are reached, orders are activated in a timely manner and that goods are purchased and received for operation on the schedule established.
- Manage and train staff members on contracts, purchase orders, vendor relations, customer service issues and assist staff in accomplishing the purchasing objectives of the operation.
- Serve as a special member of the assigned management team to provide input, advice and counsel regarding purchasing procurement, requestor relations and other related logistical functions.
- Meeting with vendors and other suppliers to maintain appropriate working relationships and to ensure that the needs of the Church are met.
- Conducting budgeting and statistical analysis and research functions regarding purchasing.
- Be worthy of a temple recommend.
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred) in business, materials management, purchasing and supply, operations management, or related field
- Seven to ten years’ experience in purchasing and procurement function
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) or equivalent certification is preferred
- Superior negotiation and interpersonal skills in dealing with customers and vendors at the highest levels
- Working knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Working knowledge of all laws and regulations relating to procurement and contracts
- Basic understanding of procedures involved in marketing inventory and finance
- Excellent communication & relationship management skills.
- Excellent in using Microsoft Office and computer system applications