Millicom International Cellular (MIC) S.A., operators of Tigo, is a leading international developer and operator of cellular telephone services worldwide primarily in emerging markets operating across Latin America and Africa.
The company provides affordable, widely accessible and readily available cellular telephony services to more than 30 million customers in 13 emerging markets in these continents.
The success of Tigo is based on the triple ‘A’ business model which stands for Affordability, Accessibility and Availability. This guarantees that our subscribers experience the best services at the most affordable rates throughout our 10 regions of Ghana and beyond.
Job Title: Corporate Responsibility Coordinator
The ideal candidate for this role will be required to support and successfully execute locally relevant and impactful Corporate Responsibility (CR) and Social Investment initiatives (SI) for Tigo Ghana. (S)He will work with the Corporate Affairs team and will together with the Corporate Communications team, generate regular news content from the CR and SI activities and the socio-economic impact of our business in Ghana.
- Support the delivery, implementation and achievement of both the Corporate Responsibility (CR) and Social Investment strategy (SI);
- Conduct regular stakeholder engagements with all the Social Entrepreneurs under the Tigo-Reach for Change project;
- Prepare weekly proposal reports for the Director of Corporate Affairs;
- Keep records and follow up on all CR and SI correspondence including letters for sponsorship/partnerships and volunteering initiatives;
- Ensure all CR events get excellent patronage and visibility both within and outside Tigo;
- Draft and provide Press pack for all Tigo Media related events;
- Develop and maintain a calendar of key external events for the Communications team;
- A first degree in Social Sciences or Communications Studies;
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ working experience in a Telecom, NGO/Civil Society or Media organisation;
- Good understanding of local and international affairs, sustainability trends, non-profit landscape and social entrepreneurship;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills;
- Ability to deliver high-quality output in a pressurised situation and under time constraints;
- Creative and critical thinking abilities with an eye for detail;
- Effective time management and organisation skills;
- Computer literate and tech savvy;
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of cultures in a diverse community;
- Willingness to travel to undertake events across the country.