Posted on :
14 Oct, 2014
14 Oct, 2014
Millicom International Cellular (MIC) S.A., operators of Tigo, is a leading international developer and operator of cellular telephone services worldwide primarily in emerging markets operating across Latin America and Africa. The company provides affordable, widely accessible and readily available cellular telephony services to more than 30 million customers in 13 emerging markets in these continents.
The success of Tigo is based on the triple ‘A’ business model which stands for Affordability, Accessibility and Availability. This guarantees that our subscribers experience the best services at the most affordable rates throughout our 10 regions of Ghana and beyond.
The Mobile Financial Services Architect (MFSA) has complete ownership of the relationship between Factory and their dedicated portfolio of customers in the local operation. Will be directly accountable individually for the entire life cycle of the multiple solutions under his/her responsibility, guaranteeing accuracy, quality and time line accomplishment. His goal is to gain a complete understanding of his clients’ needs and effectively communicate them to the software factories.
THE WAY WE WORK
You are open-minded, passionate and the way you work energizes others. You are committed to the timely delivery of a job well done. You behave with integrity and transparency.
• The MFSA will be required to deliver End-to-End MFS Solutions for the local operation organization in consultation with the Regional Architects. Will work closely with MFS, marketing (Consumer), Sales (Go To Market), Customer Operation (Include Billing Operation) and others business areas, creating winning proposals and successfully delivering within budget.
• The MFSA will be responsible for planning, design and implementation of MFS solutions and others IT platforms meeting standards and protocols for data exchange, communications, software and interconnection for information systems in consultation with the regional architects and Head of CSD.
• The MFSA will define time, costs and quality constraints and then guide software factories and/or supplier to ensure integrity of the solution within these constraints. The MFSA will be accountable for consistency and delivery of the entire solution.
• The MFSA will be responsible for complying with SOA architecture standards, continuously identifying areas of improvement in our MFS Solutions Framework and taking initiatives to new approaches to optimize our existing processes.
• The MFSA will be responsible to ensures that all development practices are in compliance with his employer’s best practices policies and procedures in the respective operation.
• The MFSA will be responsible for the tracking and maintaining all records and metric, he reports the project’s progress to the Head of CSD.
• The MFSA will be responsible for identify the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and design elements contained in a system specification.
• The MFSA will be responsible for recording MFS software architecture specific to the local operation in a software architecture document using use cases and the Unified Modeling Language (UML).
• Business Tracking and Reporting – Track all developments on the Tigo cash platform in a proper project plan/roadmap. Submit weekly/monthly updated tracking on all developments that are ongoing to the management in an agreed format. Share tracking with local, regional and global stakeholders.
• Technical Interface – Interact with the commercial teams to gain market insights for new developments on the platform. Prepare User Requirement Specifications for new developments, review + comment and approve the design prepared by the vendor on the platform.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or related field (System Engineer, IS Engineer, Information Systems Engineer, IT Engineer, Network Systems Engineer)
• Post grade and/or courses in Software Architecture
• Minimum 4 years experience working in the IT industry (Telcos preferably)
• Understanding of project management principles.
• At least 3 years of UML experience
• Proved experience management projects. (For Telcos preferably)
• Minimum 5 years experience in Software development using software factory methodology and SOA Architecture (Telcos preferably)
• Experience in Business Processes for Telcos (eTOM Model preferably)
• Experience in contract management (Software factory preferably)
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE & ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE
• Strong technical understanding of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), internet-related applications and technologies (JAVA/ .Net, Application servers, databases, Operating Systems, Content Management, networks).
• Strong knowledge and solid experience in Business Processes for Telco’s (eTOM Model preferably)
• Strong knowledge and solid experience in MFS processes and applications (For telcos preferable)
• Knowledge in developing and maintaining ITIL policies and procedures
• Knowledge and experience in project management. Must have very strong skills in Project Initiation especially in requirements gathering, understanding the level of detail required to proceed with any project, project estimation, planning and rapid mobilisation.
• Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities
• Experience in link and apply complex technologies to business strategies. Comprehend complex, technical subjects
Submit your CV and Application online: Click Here