Posted on :
5 Aug, 2014
5 Aug, 2014
Reporting to the Consumer & Market Understanding Manager, the Research Analyst is responsible for planning and executing all research and competitive intelligence activities.
THE WAY WE WORK
You are open-minded, passionate and the way you work energizes others. You are committed to the timely delivery of a job well done. You behave with integrity and transparency.
• Market Research
o Managing the business relations with research agencies (contracts, quality, consistency and time to market);
o Responding to research issues as raised by the marketing department or other business units – from brief to timely approval of research proposals;
o Managing all in-house research programs
o Development of annual research budgets. Ensuring adherence to the approved research budgets.
o Monitoring developments in the research space in the country.
o Liaising with field staff to gain insights from day-to-day interactions with customers and the trade.
• Competitive Understanding
o Regular review and benchmarking of both existing and new offerings in the market (products and services, tariffs, promotions, processes, etc)
o Weekly and monthly reports on key market developments and competitor activities (trends)
o Proactively scan the business environment to identify areas of competitive opportunity and risk
o Work with other members of the CMU team to maintain an updated SWOT analysis of all competitors in our market at all times
o Deliver specific ad-hoc requests on competitor understanding from various stakeholders
o Support the Marketing team with expertise in managing our media monitoring programs to ensure efficiency of media investments
• Insights in Action
o Drive deep customer understanding by integrating consumer and market intelligence.
o Driving learning into action from M&E on research
o Developing a deep understanding of users of our various products & services through collaboration with other CMU colleagues and product managers
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• University degree in Economics, Statistics, Marketing, Psychology, Anthropology.
• 3 to 5 years’ Marketing and Research experience within Telecom or FMCG organization with a huge research focus.
• Strong appreciation of qualitative and quantitative research methods (across the research process)
• Knowledge of telecom KPIs will be a great advantage
• Strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Computer literate and tech savvy; expertise with MS Office tools and other research software (SPSS, STATA, etc) a prerequisite;
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in a big research agency will be a great advantage.
• Understanding of Marketing, Consumer psychology & behavior
• Familiarity with the research industry (research agencies, official statistics sources) a huge advantage
• Passion for understanding needs and motivations of our consumers
• Capable of seeing the big picture and using data as a tool to develop strategic insights
• Very strong business acumen and competitor awareness
• Mastery of Ghana’s demography, socio-cultural and economic trends
• Analytical and critical thinking abilities with an eye for details
• Motivated by business results that can be achieved through the exploitation of research information and not the information itself
• Capability to lead cross-functional business development projects / workshops (preparation, presentation, moderation, collection of inputs, consolidation of results, follow up on actions)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and at least one Ghanaian language)
• Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of cultures in a diverse community
• Willingness to travel on research assignments within Ghana at short notice
• Excellent interpersonal skills (able to engage strangers with little difficulty) and networking with ease
• Maintains confidentiality of information and uses information appropriately
• Set and manage priorities
• Subscription to industry reports (
• Statistical software (SPSS or other)
• Mobile/other devices for competitor monitoring
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here